Re: Problem after Origin reset

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem after Origin reset

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone,

I couldn't open Origin since the beginning of the week so I followed the steps to reset it and it worked. My game updated afterwards for 30 minutes and I finally could launch it. However, this appeared to me (screen cap linked).

I have absolutely no CC. My computer is a brand new Mac I got three months ago. Can somebody help me?

Message 1 of 3 (426 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Alexandra2308

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

Crin has a troubleshooting thread here for this issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (388 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora Since this is a Mac issue.

@Alexandra2308 Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Alexandra2308

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

Crin has a troubleshooting thread here for this issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (389 Views)