Re: Problem Playing Sims 4 Because of Legacy Edition

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

★★★ Apprentice

I've managed to put a windows 7 64 bit partition on my iMac using bootcamp. It was a hassle and I don't think I could talk someone through the process. I expect most non-metal macs could run windows 7 64 bit. It's nowhere near as nice as OSX though Frown

Message 161 of 849 (757 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Are you sure you installed it? I remember it was a real hassle to find out where to install it from.

Message 162 of 849 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I installed legacy edition (didn’t need to) is it going to affect further game purchases? If so how do you remove it because it totally messed with my game.

Message 163 of 849 (745 Views)

@shinzoullamadoki

Have you read the Legacy Edition FAQ - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/td-p/8420037

The second question explains how to download it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 164 of 849 (550 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@secretlondon123 Thank you, I was considering doing this, don’t think I will.
Message 165 of 849 (736 Views)

★★ Novice
@dzm06 So can you buy a new GPU that can be plased inside a Mac that doesn’t support metal instead of buying a New Mac so i can play university or Will i never be able to play it on the Mac i have
Message 166 of 849 (646 Views)

Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

★★★ Newbie
@Pr1nc3ssam13 Yes and yes
Message 167 of 849 (620 Views)

Re: forced legacy edition on os catalina

★★ Novice
@JenniferFerSure I have the same problem and I also have Mac OS Catalina. Did you get your problem solved? 'Cause I haven't... And I've got the problem for several weeks now.
Message 168 of 849 (600 Views)

Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

★★ Novice
@Pr1nc3ssam13 What did you do? I have Catalina, and The Sims won't work for me... It just asked med to update the game, I did, and then it wanted me to downloade the Legacy Edition. I did, and now it won't work...
Message 169 of 849 (596 Views)

Re: forced legacy edition on os catalina

★★★★★ Novice
@cecilinder Hey yes i downloaded catalina. Once that was done i went onto origin but searched for sims 4 so it didnt automatically open the legacy version and then it played like normal again xx
Message 170 of 849 (595 Views)