Problem Downloading The Sims 4 on Mac :/

by marmaggi

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Problem Downloading The Sims 4 on Mac :/

★ Novice

I just bought Sims 4 Deluxe Edition for MAC on Origin and the download stopped at 1% and did'nt move for 4 hours before I closed it.
The Internet is really good, never any problems..
This is not the first time i have experienced difficulties downloading games from Origin via MAC (new MacBook Pro).
Can you please help, i bought this for my girlfriend that has to stay in bed next few days.

Best Regards,
MMA

Message 1 of 8 (433 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem Downloading The Sims 4 on Mac :/

@marmaggi,

That might be the problem, please try disabling all the proxys and DNS on your Mac and start downloading the game again.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (419 Views)

All Replies

Hi @marmaggi,

Please try activating Safe mode download on Origin's advanced settings.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 8 (427 Views)

★ Novice
I tries that.. now 10 in to the download it's at 20%, at this rate i will play sims 4 on new years Frown it alwaya stops after few minutes (on safe mode) and i have to restart for it to continue :/ this is a MacBook Pro Retina late 2013
Message 3 of 8 (424 Views)

@marmaggi,

Are you connected over WiFi? If so, please try connecting directly to the router with a cable.

Message 4 of 8 (421 Views)

★ Novice
Wifi is the only way... stupid macbook does'nt have cat5 plug...
it took only 3 hours on my Lenovo Yoga (also wifi) but after over 16 hours on the mac it's at 23%...
Message 5 of 8 (415 Views)

@marmaggi,

Are you using any proxy to connect to the internet?

Message 6 of 8 (411 Views)

★ Novice

@fons_garmo

I have automatic proxy but i have different DNS... 
My DNS hides me in the US so i can watch Netflix (netflix is not in Iceland, where i live).
i use www.playmotv.com to hide.
I also use it on my Lenovo that downloaded the game in under 3 hours...

ps. Thanks for your time(help)

Message 7 of 8 (405 Views)

@marmaggi,

That might be the problem, please try disabling all the proxys and DNS on your Mac and start downloading the game again.

Message 8 of 8 (420 Views)