Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Problem Downloading The Sims 4 on Mac :/

by marmaggi

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Problem Downloading The Sims 4 on Mac :/

★★★★ Novice

I just bought Sims 4 Deluxe Edition for MAC on Origin and the download stopped at 1% and did'nt move for 4 hours before I closed it.
The Internet is really good, never any problems..
This is not the first time i have experienced difficulties downloading games from Origin via MAC (new MacBook Pro).
Can you please help, i bought this for my girlfriend that has to stay in bed next few days.

Best Regards,
MMA

Message 1 of 8 (94 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem Downloading The Sims 4 on Mac :/

@marmaggi,

That might be the problem, please try disabling all the proxys and DNS on your Mac and start downloading the game again.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (80 Views)

All Replies

Hi @marmaggi,

Please try activating Safe mode download on Origin's advanced settings.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 8 (88 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I tries that.. now 10 in to the download it's at 20%, at this rate i will play sims 4 on new years Frown it alwaya stops after few minutes (on safe mode) and i have to restart for it to continue :/ this is a MacBook Pro Retina late 2013
Message 3 of 8 (85 Views)

@marmaggi,

Are you connected over WiFi? If so, please try connecting directly to the router with a cable.

Message 4 of 8 (82 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Wifi is the only way... stupid macbook does'nt have cat5 plug...
it took only 3 hours on my Lenovo Yoga (also wifi) but after over 16 hours on the mac it's at 23%...
Message 5 of 8 (76 Views)

@marmaggi,

Are you using any proxy to connect to the internet?

Message 6 of 8 (72 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo

I have automatic proxy but i have different DNS... 
My DNS hides me in the US so i can watch Netflix (netflix is not in Iceland, where i live).
i use www.playmotv.com to hide.
I also use it on my Lenovo that downloaded the game in under 3 hours...

ps. Thanks for your time(help)

Message 7 of 8 (66 Views)

@marmaggi,

That might be the problem, please try disabling all the proxys and DNS on your Mac and start downloading the game again.

Message 8 of 8 (81 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help