Please help! The Sims 4 Eco Base Game Update isn't working!!!

by Nekolover8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please help! The Sims 4 Eco Base Game Update isn't working!!!

★ Novice

I have a sims 4 legacy mac (that has All of the min requirements but isn't metal compatible) and have updated repeatedly but Nothing has changed with my update. No alt windows or doors, NO LADDERS, and No legacy neighborhood changes... Everything else seems to work but Literally NOTHING HAS CHANGED with ANY of the multiple updates since 6/3/20... Is there anything I can do to make it work? I've repeatedly "repaired" my game at Least twice a day = once in the morning and night... which causes the legacy to download/update? at the end of Each "repair". It even SHOWS that the update is in game and that new objects are available BUT NOTHING IS THERE...

Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please help! The Sims 4 Eco Base Game Update isn't working!!!

@Nekolover8

No idea. The LE does require the current version of the game installed, which is receiving patches, so maybe when you load the game and it does the LE requirement check maybe something is going awry?

LE users have not experienced the very specific save game issues that arose with the June patch and some LE users haven’t experienced any save issues at all. As always there are many factors that can contribute to game issues, 3rd party content and outdated/not supported systems being the main culprits.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)

All Replies

@Nekolover8

Legacy Edition does not get any updates. The installed game does appear to patch but no changes are made https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 4 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I honestly considered the Legacy edition to be more comparable to the base game + or - a few game packs... good to know that with that Legacy update I am pretty much abandoned lol. But that still leads to a different issue... if this is the case, then Why did the update influence mine, and others, functionality by kicking us out when loading an old file? It was fixed with a later update but yeah...Kinda contradictory no?

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)

@Nekolover8

No idea. The LE does require the current version of the game installed, which is receiving patches, so maybe when you load the game and it does the LE requirement check maybe something is going awry?

LE users have not experienced the very specific save game issues that arose with the June patch and some LE users haven’t experienced any save issues at all. As always there are many factors that can contribute to game issues, 3rd party content and outdated/not supported systems being the main culprits.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 4 (237 Views)