Playing on Macbook Pro late 2013 via Bootcamp?

by Kyanan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Playing on Macbook Pro late 2013 via Bootcamp?

★★★ Newbie

So I am using Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro late 2013 aka Windows partitioning, the video card is Nvidia Geforce GT 750m, read some fishy stuff regarding Sims 3 being incompatible and not working at all with some graphics cards on Macs (not sure if it's the Mac OSX problem or hardware one), in general, the fact that I'm on Windows gives me hope that it should be working properly recognizing the video card

Can someone provide any clarifications?Maybe you guys have played as well on Macbook Pro late 2013 and can confirm that it's working fine on Windows?Appreciate it :-)

Message 1 of 2 (686 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Playing on Macbook Pro late 2013 via Bootcamp?

@Kyanan  Your graphics card isn't in the game's database, but it would be easy enough to add.  Even without that though, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to play in Windows.  The issues with Macs and unrecognized cards are specific to macOS, not to the cards themselves.

I don't know of anyone who's specifically played on a 2013 Mac with your GPU or similar.  But plenty of people have played on an Nvidia 750M and other cards in its family, that is in Windows, so I wouldn't expect you to have any trouble.  Having said that, if you haven't bought Sims 3, there's not much risk in doing so.  If the game doesn't run on your computer, just ask for a refund: within 14 days of purchase if you were never able to launch it, and additionally within 24 hours of first launching it if you have.

One thing to check though is that you have enough free storage in the Windows partition to accommodate Sims 3 and all its data.  The base game is about 6 GB; adding all packs would bring that to just over 30 GB.  But saves take up a lot of space too, as does custom content if you use it.  I'd be nervous about having less than 100 GB free before installing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (679 Views)

All Replies

Re: Playing on Macbook Pro late 2013 via Bootcamp?

@Kyanan  Your graphics card isn't in the game's database, but it would be easy enough to add.  Even without that though, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to play in Windows.  The issues with Macs and unrecognized cards are specific to macOS, not to the cards themselves.

I don't know of anyone who's specifically played on a 2013 Mac with your GPU or similar.  But plenty of people have played on an Nvidia 750M and other cards in its family, that is in Windows, so I wouldn't expect you to have any trouble.  Having said that, if you haven't bought Sims 3, there's not much risk in doing so.  If the game doesn't run on your computer, just ask for a refund: within 14 days of purchase if you were never able to launch it, and additionally within 24 hours of first launching it if you have.

One thing to check though is that you have enough free storage in the Windows partition to accommodate Sims 3 and all its data.  The base game is about 6 GB; adding all packs would bring that to just over 30 GB.  But saves take up a lot of space too, as does custom content if you use it.  I'd be nervous about having less than 100 GB free before installing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (680 Views)