Playing Sims 4 over a wireless network

by kellyjane5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Playing Sims 4 over a wireless network

★ Novice
Hi there,

I have both an iMac and a MacBook Pro, and I am considering buying an AirPort Time Capsule or similar to both back up my computers and also potentially play the same Sims 4 game from both (not at the same time). So basically I play a Sims 4 game on my iMac over wireless from the airport, then the next day play the same game on my laptop over wireless. Is this possible? Would it work? I currently have the Sims 4 installed on both but would like to be able to play the same game on either. Appreciate any suggestions?
Message 1 of 5 (279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Playing Sims 4 over a wireless network

Community Manager

@kellyjane5 Hi again, I think I misunderstood the initial post, you want to share progression on both systems via Cloud Saves?

Unfortunately The SIms 4 doesn't have this as an option. 

You can manually move saves from one system to another, but unfortunately Cloud Saves aren't enabled for SIms 4.

If you frequently swap systems then it might be too much hassle, but otherwise you should be able to move the saves manually by emailing them/using a USB drive/sending them over the home network. 

Sorry for my initial response, I hope this is a little clearer. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (261 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@kellyjane5 Edit; it seems like I misunderstood the initial issue. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (262 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there thanks for that! I wasn't sure if playing the saved game off the airport (with the Sims 4 installed on the laptop and desktop of course) would be possible. As in, the saved game isn't on the laptop or desktop, but on the airport?

Message 3 of 5 (249 Views)

Community Manager

@kellyjane5 Hi again, I think I misunderstood the initial post, you want to share progression on both systems via Cloud Saves?

Unfortunately The SIms 4 doesn't have this as an option. 

You can manually move saves from one system to another, but unfortunately Cloud Saves aren't enabled for SIms 4.

If you frequently swap systems then it might be too much hassle, but otherwise you should be able to move the saves manually by emailing them/using a USB drive/sending them over the home network. 

Sorry for my initial response, I hope this is a little clearer. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (262 Views)

★ Novice
Hi David, yes I probably wasn't very clear in my initial post. That's great thanks for your reply!
Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)