Original Post

Re: Packs uninstalling

★★★ Newbie

this??

Message 11 of 15 (479 Views)

@leopardlucy97

Much more helpful, thanks!

For some reason the game and packs are installed on your desktop and you have erroneous files (the Origin aliases) in the Sims 4 Packs folder.

Open Origin, log in, then go to File > Preferences and choose the Installs & Saves tab in the Origin window. What is the Game Library installation location?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 15 (471 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora /Users/Lucy/Applications on origin, what option do I need so it doesn't keep uninstalling? Thanks for your help so far!
Message 13 of 15 (452 Views)

@leopardlucy97 

You need to move the base game and Sims 4 Packs from your desktop into your user Applications folder. Click anywhere on your desktop then click on Go in the menu bar at the top of your screen and then in the drop down menu click on Go To Folder... In the pop up window copy and paste this:

/Users/Lucy/Applications

then click on Go. Click and drag the base game and Sims 4 Packs folder from your desktop into the Finder window. If it moves and alias (icon with a little arrow in the corner) then we'll have to do it another way. Or, you can trash them from the desktop and redownload in Origin where they will download into the Applications folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 15 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Thank you so much for the help!!
Message 15 of 15 (438 Views)