Re: Package file problem (mods)

by emiliejv

Original Post

Package file problem (mods)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, so my struggle is that every time I try and install some new mods or just cc in the package format my game won't launch anymore it just starts loading and a black screen appears and then boom nothing happens? Like I already have a lot of mods and stuff, and there haven't been any trouble until now. And there's no problem running le mods I already have installed - no lag or anything else like that. I have already tried to clear caches and stuff but nothing seems to work? Btw. I'm playing on a Macbook, not sure if that's a game changer?xD

If anyone has an answer on how I can fix this super annoying problem it would be appreciated!Standard smile 

I apologize for my * English, it's not my main language but I hope u get what the problem is about. 

Message 1 of 6 (432 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@emiliejv

Moved to the Mac forums

@fons_garmo  or @Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 2 of 6 (414 Views)

★★ Novice

Thankss - didn't know there was a Mac forum :o

Message 3 of 6 (402 Views)

Thanks @rumbutter nice to see you again Standard smile

@emiliejv

Sounds like one or more of your Mods is not compatible with the latest patch. Move all your Mods out then put them back in a few at a time, testing to see if your game will load after adding each batch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 6 (391 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

All the mods I have currently work just fine, but every time I try and install a new mod I can't launch the game anymore? I've tried with about 20 different mods and every single one of them is causing me trouble - Is there a limit on how many mods u can install?Standard smile 

Message 5 of 6 (385 Views)

@emiliejv

If you're patched up to date then no, there is no limit. Can you give me links for a few of the Mods you're trying to install?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (369 Views)