Sims 4 Texture Lag Due To Mods

by FunnyGuy43211

Original Post

Re: [POSSIBLE BUG] UI glitches and greyed out menus after April patch

★★★ Newbie

I got 2.4GHz quad-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5  and Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 

which version is MacOS 10.14.3.

and just see the update one.

Thank you  

Message 101 of 188 (1,057 Views)
Highlighted

Sims 4 Texture Lag Due To Mods

★ Novice

So I downloaded by Sims 4, opened it, went to game options and allowed Scripted Mods, quit the game then restarted. Shortly afterwards I noticed that the "check button" texture as well as the "voice slider" and "audio slider" texture was missing. I played the game and noticed that the notification wall showed up as whitish gray instead of blue, green or anything "normal". I think it's because of the Scripted Mods, but honestly. When I played the game on my friend's computer (which has less memory than me & slower) she had hundreds of cc and about 30 mods, her game was just fine. Is this a lag? How would I fix it?

Message 102 of 188 (1,018 Views)

Notifications wall and other UI greyed Out. Can’t fix

★★ Novice

My mods folder has been continuously corrupting cause some bug that makes a bunch of the UI gray out. The only solution I’ve discovered is repairing and game and deleting the mods folder every time I launch (Each time I close the game I have to repair and delete again) anyway. Super annoying help. 

Currently have no mods or CC installed.

Factory Reset the game. Issue still persists

Message 103 of 188 (1,013 Views)

Re: Notifications wall and other UI greyed Out. Can’t fix

@MollyCmi

I've merged your post with this thread on the issue you are experiencing. Could you please confirm which Intel graphics chip your Mac has. There are suggested fixes in the first post which have worked for some.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 104 of 188 (1,003 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Texture Lag Due To Mods

@FunnyGuy43211

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine? Does this happen with a new, clean Sims 4 folder with no saves/Mods etc in it?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 105 of 188 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue but I something happened in my game that I haven't seen anyone else mention. This glitch started happening after I finished editing my sim in CAS. Right when it was finished loading back into live mode, I got a message that a build item had been removed and that's right when the glitch started happening. I continued to get the message every time I opened the game for a couple days but now that message is gone, but the glitch is still here. Obviously I didn't remove any objects, I had just been in CAS so it wouldn't even be possible. Even when I removed all of my mods and CC I still got the message that a build item was removed up until yesterday when I stopped getting that message. I have tried everything to fix this glitch, I removed all mods/CC as I said, repaired the game, turned on origin in game, reset origin, the only thing I haven't done is reinstall the game. For me, the only thing that makes the glitch temporarily go away is if I repair the game and then restart/launch it 3-4 times, on one attempt of the restart it will work and the glitch will be gone, but if I quit the game and start again the glitch will be back until I repeat the same process. I have a 2016 macbook with Intel Iris Graphics 500 1536 MB. 

Edit: just wanna let you guys know that I did a software update on my computer and that seems to have fixed it!

Message 106 of 188 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, yes, finally!

I fixed it by going from fullscreen to windowed. That fixed the greyed out menus and the grey icons and all that.

So, what I did was I went from fullscreen to windowed and exited the game. I turned it back on and it fixed. From what I see, you can change it from windowed to fullscreen while in the game (if you're the type of person that wants to play in fullscreen like me). However, if you turn the game off and have it on fullscreen, it will automatically retract the greyed menus and all that. It will be a hassle going back and forth but for your own sake just follow these steps. So, when you're done playing, just switch it back to windowed.

Hope this helps because it helped me and bless my soul, I deleted all my mods because that's how I nuts I went.

Do give this reply a XP if it worked!

Message 107 of 188 (973 Views)

@karngu

Thanks! I'll add it to the first post with the other workarounds Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 108 of 188 (959 Views)

★ Novice

I've re-downloaded the game several times already. It doesn't matter how many mods/saves I have, just "enabling" mods on the options does this. (CC doesn't matter)

Message 109 of 188 (968 Views)

@FunnyGuy43211 

Are you on a Mac or Windows PC?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 110 of 188 (948 Views)