[PARTIAL FIX] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

★ Pro

@Bluebellflora  Have done the PRAM/NVRAM and SMC resets many times (for other issue not sims related) many times since this issue started, none have any effect on the sims cursor issue.

Message 131 of 155 (1,860 Views)

@twmuse

It was a long shot but thanks for confirming. Having to reset so much is odd though as you shouldn't have to do it a lot. Do you think any of the other reasons you've had to do it could be related?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 132 of 155 (1,853 Views)

★ Pro

@BluebellfloraCompletely unrelated things, The "Reset" is the standard Apple response to almost any issue. And I have gotten into the habit (since my first Macintosh 512Ke) of doing the resets after any OS upgrade, just to make sure all is cleared out for the new OS.

There is no doubt this started with High Sierra on mainly Intel GPU macs, it also happened with Photoshop (Apple almost immediately put out a patch to fix it for that), many other games and programs also had an issue with cursor behavior show up at the same time.

I have had a bug report open since October 14, 2017, with Apple, related to X-Plane 10, that this issue made unusable, Apple never has fixed it, some user eventually figured out that increasing the cursor size by a little fixed the issue in X-Plane 10, and when X-Plane 11 came out, Laminar somehow fixed it in their code, of course they would not tell any average user what they did to fix it. And sadly the cursor size increase does not work on the Sims 4.

But obviously all these cursor issues are related to something Apple changed about the Cursor behavior between Sierra and High Sierra. Sadly since it only seems to effect those that cannot afford the "Top of the line, newest, best..." macs, Apple seems to not really care.

Message 133 of 155 (1,846 Views)

@twmuse

And it works so well Standard smile

Intel chips really aren't designed for gaming and high performance rendering. 99% of the graphics issues I've come across over the years with the Sims have been down to underpowered Intel chips so the fact that this issue only affects Macs with Intel is no real surprise. It's a shame but hopefully the Metal upgrade is going to help a bit in the future.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 134 of 155 (1,834 Views)

★ Pro

@Bluebellflora 

That's the funny thing, I have never had any other issues, graphics wise, with the Sims 4 or X-plane (which eats far more GPU than the Sims 4) they both run very smooth even with fairly high settings and add-ons. It is only the cursor in CAS that is glitched from High Sierra onward, never had it in Sierra.

Message 135 of 155 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]

This issue has been fixed in the April '19 patch, 1.51.75.1220 so I will mark this post as solved. However, if you are still experiencing this exact issue, and have Intel only graphics, please post here and I will remove the solution.

• Fixed an issue for Mac users with Intel integrated graphics, where the mouse cursor would not move properly after adjusting the shape of a Sim’s body in Create a Sim.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-4-Patch-notes-on-PC-Mac-April-16th-2019/m-p/7...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 136 of 155 (1,769 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
After 2+ years this dumb glitch has been fixed😩 I hope this issue doesn’t happen again or I’ll rip my hair out.
Message 137 of 155 (1,686 Views)

★ Pro

Yep, can confirm this seems to be fixed now. Agreed no need that it took that long.

Message 138 of 155 (1,671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sadly I updated my game and the glitch is still there....really have NO idea why, since everyone else's seems to be fixed. My info is all the same as last time. Frown Glad it got fixed for everyone else though!!

Message 139 of 155 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

After updating, repairing the game, loading without CC and starting a new game, I'm still having the same issue I've been having for the last 2 years. Nothing was fixed for me. Frown

Screenshot at Apr 17 19-10-12.png

Message 140 of 155 (1,615 Views)