by MexicanMiku

Original Post

Re: Origin won't open mac

★★★ Newbie
my mom died
Message 31 of 82 (2,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i have the same problem, have tried everything mentioned prior & in that other thread of yours (reinstall, proxies, reset tool, flush dns etc), nothing works... i'm on high sierra 10.13.6. i even made a new log-on (administrator), but it already had Origin on it (is that normal??) and it crashes all the same while trying to open. if i uninstall and reinstall Origin, it will open the terms & agreements and as soon as i click agree, it crashes. if i try to open it again, the icon bounces and closes immediately.

my troubles started yesterday when i opened Origin and initiated an update it wanted me to do - then it kept saying it was installing the update for hours and hours with no result. other internet apps worked perfectly. i eventually force-quit the Origin app and tried to re-open it and since then it only bounces to close again immediately... please help Frown
Message 32 of 82 (2,175 Views)

@stati0nkiddo

Could you restart your Mac into Safe Mode and then try to launch Origin? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 33 of 82 (2,163 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. It was saying that there was a critical download and origin needed to be restarted. I would then hit restart and it would continue to pop up saying critical download again. So, I then uninstalled and reinstalled and did the Origin Restart tool, as well. I now click on it and it bounces once and disappears. I've restarted my computer and tried multiple times and it still is happening. I have an old Mac, I think it is Lion, however, origin has always worked, so I am not sure why it isn't working now.  Help!

Message 34 of 82 (2,130 Views)

@annamsims

Slightly alarming you're getting a 'critical download' pop up when no update stating this has been released recently. Do you have a screenshot of it? It sounds suspiciously like a malware pop up masquerading as something else.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 35 of 82 (2,109 Views)

★★ Novice

It was an Origin app critical update download, not Sims and I don't think it was malware. It was in the Origin box and in the same format. To get it away, though, I had to uninstall and reinstall and that is when the issue started of it bouncing and then disappearing... Think it may be time for me to get a new laptop anyway since I operate on Lion, but it has never been a problem in the past! 

Message 36 of 82 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this was from awhile ago and you either fixed your problem or gave up but for those of you who are like me having this problem, uninstall the app delete every trace of origin and empty the trash. After that shut down your computer and wait for it to start up again and reinstall everything. It might not work for you but it worked for me, I hope this helped

Message 37 of 82 (2,019 Views)

Re: Mac: Origin won't load

★ Novice

I had this same problem and used the reset tool and now it's up and running how it should be. Thanks Bluebellflora for the help!

Message 38 of 82 (13,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same issue. I even reinstalled it and it still wouldn't load any content. Here is what I did to resolve it.

View > Reload Page

Everything instantly came back! I wish I didn't uninstall and reinstall the application. Hope this helps!! 

Message 39 of 82 (13,282 Views)

@TiffTheGiftt

Thanks for posting, that's really helpful information Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 40 of 82 (2,119 Views)