Re: Origin won't open mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the issue where it won't open it'll bounce once like it's opening but then it just stops, I've tried resetting, Proxy, installing the latest version of origin, and it still does the same thing. 

I just bought the sims 4 3 days ago too...

Idk if it's possibly because I use el capitan or what but I can't update my mac because the other version don't support mine.

Mac Pro Early 2008

El Capitan

Please Help ;-;

Message 21 of 82 (3,563 Views)

Champion

@TaylaWaylaX, there were some issues with older versions of the Mac OS last year trying to run Origin. Please try resetting Origin. Also, the below link gives more tips on how to troubleshoot Origin itself.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 22 of 82 (3,550 Views)

Re: Mac: Origin won't load

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem and ResetOrigin doesn't work. Origin web is the same. Help pls

Message 23 of 82 (17,597 Views)

★ Novice

Unchecked all proxy boxes and it worked! I have Mojave updated. Latest version. Currently downloading.

Message 24 of 82 (3,459 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
me too. idk what to do Frown
Message 25 of 82 (17,133 Views)

@abbeyf157  Have you run the Origin reset tool for macs, as suggested by Bluebellflora?  If that didn't help, please provide your mac's specs, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 26 of 82 (17,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same, but instead it bounces once and closes

Message 27 of 82 (3,030 Views)
Highlighted

@sophiarules1213 

Have you run the Origin reset tool?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 82 (3,009 Views)

★★ Novice

So I installed Origin to get the sims 4 while it's free. But when I installed it I was experiencing the same problem (I can sign in and then it stays in the same screen that @wasfrom shared above at the beginning of this post). Then I realised I had installed Origin before but uninstalled it but did run the Reset Origin tool so I did it and then it worked fine I could access the app and I was downloading the Sims 4 but then the app gave me a message above the screen that said something like 'there's an update click here to Refresh' so the app refreshed but then the same problem happened again the screen the same as the screenshot above. Again I tried to uninstall Origin run the Reset Origin tool but this time didn't work and now I don't know what to do. The Sims 4 didn't finish downloading I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to start the download from 0% again and since my internet is not very fast that's pretty tragic for me. I'm gonna list my MacBook Pro's specs below if anyone knows how to fix this and can help me out before The Sims 4 free period finishes I will appreciate it a lot Large smile.

OS X El Capitan

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008)

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Yeah it's pretty old but I think it meets the requirements suggested.

Message 29 of 82 (16,618 Views)

@ChristianDPV

Run the reset tool again, trash the Origin app from your Applications folder, empty the trash, restart your Mac then download a new Origin installer, install and see if it works.

The Origin/Mac help thread here also has suggestions which may help including checking proxy settings and flushing DNS - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

Your Mac is really going to struggle with the game though Frown

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 30 of 82 (16,582 Views)