Re: Origin won't let me quit (mac)

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't let me quit (mac)

★★ Novice

I launched open origin, expecting that I could download sims 4 since I already bought it on disc and said I can now play it on mac. But the download for sims 4 stuck with 2% for 3 hours until it froze! And then when I tried to shut down my laptop, origin would 'quit' so I couldn't restart over again.

Message 1 of 6 (5,739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hi @hoesbeforebronys ,

Please try activating "Safe download" in Origin's advanced settings.

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (6,518 Views)

All Replies

Hi @hoesbeforebronys ,

Please try activating "Safe download" in Origin's advanced settings.

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 6 (6,519 Views)

Champion

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. 

- Make sure you are in Finder then click Go in the menu bar. Hold down Alt and the hidden Library folder will show up. Click on the Library folder.
- You now need to check in the following folders for any Origin files and folders:
Application Support (Origin)
Caches (Origin, com.ea.Origin)
Preferences (com.ea.Origin.plist)
Saved Application state (com.ea.Origin.savedState)

After you've trashed them, empty the trash then restart your Mac. Then redownload and reinstall Origin.

Open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand section under Devices (if it's not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices), open Library, then delete the Origin folder.

Open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions - Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Then restart, then redownload Origin and try. Make sure you don't have anything else open.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (5,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

open activities monitor and force quit from there. it will then continue to download. for Mac

Message 4 of 6 (5,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you do that?

Message 5 of 6 (5,240 Views)

Champion

Control + Tab should take you back to your Desktop and then you can click on the Apple Logo in the left hand corner.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 6 (5,227 Views)