Origin won't launch (mac)

by cafexnervosa

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin won't launch (mac)

★★ Apprentice

I'm unable to launch/open origin. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin multiple times, I've gone through the suggested troubleshooting solutions for Macs (like running it in safe mode, creating a new user, resetorigin), I don't seem to have the problem plugins that can cause conflict, and I've chatted to a few game advisors but again, nothing's helped Frown Luckily I can play sims 3 outside of origin but the same can't be said for sims 4. So I'd just like to be able to open the origin client so I can play sims 4...

Message 1 of 152 (237,597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't launch (mac)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well I eventually found a solution that works for me. I went in to Disk Utility and ran First Aid and now Origin runs fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 152 (237,837 Views)

All Replies

@cafexnervosa

How did you uninstall Origin? The best thing to try is the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't work please trash the Origin app from your Applications folder then run the reset tool again (this should properly uninstall Origin). Empty the Trash and restart your Mac. Then create a new administrator account on your Mac and download and install Origin in that account.  

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 152 (237,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well I eventually found a solution that works for me. I went in to Disk Utility and ran First Aid and now Origin runs fine.

Message 3 of 152 (237,838 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you for this! I was in the same boat and had tried (what I thought was everything) but your little tip got it working again. can finally play sims again after months

Message 4 of 152 (235,933 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can you please explain to me how you do this? My sims 4 won't open, and I have tried everything..

Message 5 of 152 (229,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same here, fam.
Message 6 of 152 (228,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i can't even get to disk utility my origin is all blank?? 

Message 7 of 152 (228,458 Views)

@sydneyfarmilo 

Have you run the Origin reset tool? https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 152 (228,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 9 of 152 (218,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still doesn't work for me. I payed a lot of money to play the sims and I cant even bring it to applications! 

Message 10 of 152 (215,042 Views)