Origin showing Sims 3 Expansion Packs multiple times?

by zazzyzooo123

Original Post

Highlighted

Origin showing Sims 3 Expansion Packs multiple times?

★★★ Newbie

When I view Sims 3 Expansion Packs, it shows them three times (see attached). Two are available for download, and one is available for purchase. I tried to download Into the Future EP, which I already own, but the install option never came up after it downloaded, so I couldn't get it into my game. 

What should I do to fix this? 

Message 1 of 4 (1,042 Views)

Re: Origin showing Sims 3 Expansion Packs multiple times?

@zazzyzooo123  The multiple entries for each pack in your Origin game library are a side effect of how the 64-bit version of Sims 3 was granted a few months ago.  It's not a problem, just a weird anomaly.

Unless you're trying to run the 32-bit Mac version of Sims 3, there's no separate process for installing a pack: it happens automatically as the content is downloaded.  Please check in-game or in the launcher to see whether Into the Future is installed.  If its content isn't showing up, let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS, and if you have a Mac, whether you're installing the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of Sims 3.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I am running 32-bit on a Mac.

When I downloaded into the future, I opened the launcher to check by looking at the bar at the bottom, and the icon for that EP wasn't lit up, if that makes sense.
Message 3 of 4 (1,004 Views)

@zazzyzooo123  Please run the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Download Into the Future again and see whether you can install it.  If not, there's a way to manually install, but you'll need your ITF product key, not the one for the base game but specifically for that pack.  (If you don't know what it is, the only way to find out is to contact EA customer support and ask, and hope someone is feeling helpful.)

When the pack has finished downloading, open a Finder window, click Macintosh HD (or whatever you've renamed your hard disk) in the left panel, then choose Library > Application Support > Origin > DownloadCache.  If you don't see Macintosh HD, click Finder in the upper left corner of your screen, then Preferences > Sidebar, and check the box next to hard disks.  Inside DownloadCache should be a folder named with a string of numbers, and inside that will be a .dmg file, which is the ITF installer.  You can drag that onto your desktop and double-click to launch it.  But you won't be shown your product key, hence the need to find it beforehand.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (988 Views)