Origin’s Download Button Doesn’t Do Anything

by hobbitt55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin’s Download Button Doesn’t Do Anything

★ Apprentice

Okay so I had sims 3 and all the expansion packs (no stuff packs) downloaded onto my PC. My OC broke down and now I have a Macbook. I downloaded Sims 3 just fine and multiple expansions packs except for a few (Showtime, University Life, and Pets). Whenever I press download on those games nothing happens. It won’t add the queue or anything. I’ve cleared the caches, reinstalled origin, restarted my computer and nothing works.

Message 1 of 12 (8,647 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin’s Download Button Doesn’t Do Anything

@Barloo42  (and @hobbitt55, sorry, I forgot to update this thread)  There may be a workaround for this issue.  If you enable automatic game updates, quit Origin, and sign in again, you should get download popups for the pack(s) you haven't been able to download.  Please see this post for more details:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-packs-not-downloading-through-Origin-mac-OS/m-p/719785...

You may need to run the Origin reset tool for macs first, and again if you choose not to download a pack now but later decide to do so.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (9,419 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Please see the help article here for how to install the expansions. It is the same for sims3 I believe: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/sims-4-pack-install/

Message 2 of 12 (8,621 Views)

★ Apprentice

Didn’t do anything. It won’t even instal to begin with. The download button simply won’t even download the Sims 3 pets and I’ve tried almost everything. I honestly hate Origin right now. I should be able to download the games that I paid money for.

Message 3 of 12 (8,573 Views)

@hobbitt55

There is an issue with some packs not being able to download properly. Couldl you please list the exact packs you are having issues with and whether they are the standard or limited edition version? For example, the standard version of University Life will not download but the limited edition one does.

It would also be worth running the Origin reset tool as clearing the cache does virtually nothing on the Mac install of Origin.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 12 (8,537 Views)

★ Apprentice
The packs I’m having trouble with are: Pets (standard), Showtime (standard) and University Life (standard)
Message 5 of 12 (8,534 Views)

@hobbitt55

Yep, so it's most likely this download issue. Did you try running the reset tool to see if it helped at all? I doubt it will but always worth a try.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 12 (8,529 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yeah I’ve tried it already
Message 7 of 12 (8,526 Views)

@hobbitt55

Ok. @puzzlezaddict is the fount of all knowledge for all Sims 3 issues now and has been tracking this problem. Hopefully she'll be on later so may have some more information. Thank you for confirming the exact packs that aren't downloading properly.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 12 (8,513 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thank you so much Standard smile
Message 9 of 12 (8,504 Views)

@hobbitt55  I think @Bluebellflora might have overstated my qualifications, but yes, I've been trying to collect information on this issue.  (This is the relevant thread.) While there is kind of a pattern—certain packs are unaffected, limited editions download better than standard ones, that kind of thing—there's no definitive distinction between packs that work and those that don't.  Nor is there a fix yet, unfortunately.

But @EA_Jason has been collecting data from affected players for a couple of weeks in an effort to find a solution.  He may have enough raw data, but you can always send him your information as well.  If you'd like to do so, the instructions are in this post (same thread as linked above):

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-packs-not-downloading-through-Origin-mac-OS/m-p/713198...

And thanks for posting back with more details; it's always appreciated.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 12 (8,485 Views)