Re: Origin isn't recognizing Sims 4 when moved to another mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Origin isn't recognizing Sims 4 when moved to another mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had the Sims 4 installed on my other mac, but it was taking up a lot of space so I moved it to my hard drive. 
I recently wanted to play it again and when I moved it to my Applications on a different mac I realised for some reason it appeared as a folder. The starter icon is missing. I take it that its just in downloaded format and needs installing. I assume this is has something to do with why Origin won't recognise the game as being downloaded. (I've also tried leaving it on the hard drive and redirecting origin to install games to it but that didn't work either) I have no idea how to get it to work, all the files appear there but no way of starting up the game. I just didn't want to download the whole thing again. If someone knew how to fix this you'd be amazing!

Many thanks!  

(Screenshots Attached)

Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Re: Origin isn't recognizing Sims 4 when moved to another mac

[ Edited ]

@MissJaydey

You can't just move an Application from Mac to Mac, you have to install it as files and folders are created in your hidden Library folder. You must re-download the game through Origin on the Mac you intend to play on. Once it's installed and runs fine then you can delete the Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts and replace it with the one you're currently using. This Sims 4 folder has all your Saves, CC etc. in it.

Edit - having just looked at your screenshots again I can see what you've done. You've copied over your Sims 4 user data folder from Documents > Electronic Arts and put it in your Applications folder. Do what I've suggested above and you'll be fine Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (146 Views)