Re: Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/C

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Download Error

★★★ Newbie

mac Standard smile

Message 10 of 272 (31,898 Views)

@meganshae moved to the Mac forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 11 of 272 (31,883 Views)

@meganshae

Please use the Origin reset tool then try again - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't fix it please try the following:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. There should be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 272 (34,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are so awesome, this fixed it! Thank you!

Message 13 of 272 (31,786 Views)

Sims 4 update error

★★ Novice

(i use a macbook air) 

When i try to download the new update it always gets to 9% before coming up with

[Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Limited Edition to EAPatch error: unknown error 0x00002003: File write failure /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp [Class: 3 SysErr: -1 ErrId: 8195] at (:0) Ctx: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.]

i have no idea how to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 14 of 272 (27,736 Views)

Re: Sims 4 update error

Message 15 of 272 (31,734 Views)

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Conte

★ Novice

I have a MacBook air and I wanted to play the sims with my friend and it had to update and its keep failing. I tried deleting the one thing on one thread and it worked until 93% and then it failed again and went back to around 64% and it keeps failing and saying

:Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild6.package_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

any help would be great! Thanks Standard smileCat

Message 16 of 272 (9,422 Views)

Re: Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/C

@TinyDeskEngineer

Please can you work your way through the suggestions in the Download & Connection Issues section of the Origin/Mac thread here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/MAC-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659#M3387

Let me know how you get on Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 17 of 272 (9,395 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update Download Error

★ Novice

I had the same problem, first i tried restarting my computer (did not work), then i logged off origin and logged in again (didn't do anything) and then i deleted some files i didn't need from my computer (because my disc was full) and then it worked!! Might not work for you but maybe your disc of memory is full and cant download the file. Hope it works Standard smile

Message 18 of 272 (18,630 Views)

Error message updating sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Help! I'm getting this message when i'm trying update my game Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/MacOS/The Sims 4_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

Message 19 of 272 (11,323 Views)