Re: Origin immediately close

by krvptonite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin immediately close

★★★ Novice

Hey thank you for taking time to reading me- today I tried to launch my game but everytime I opened my game origin was crashing immediately after it opened. Without giving me time to react, so I tried to uninstall it and install it again but the problem continued. I tried to install the origin reset app but there again it didn’t worked. I restarted my Mac, the same problem again. I tried to change the app to 32bit but as you probably figured the problem persisted. I don’t know what to do anymore and I really want to play the game, does anyone know a way to fix this? 

Message 1 of 7 (619 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Aaah okay that make sense, I found a solution, I deleted all the folders related to origin in my library + one that start by ea.origin and now it’s working- I’m not sure for how long but I’ll happily take it. Thank you for taking the time to answer me I really appreciate it

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (464 Views)

All Replies

@krvptonite

The Origin reset tool is not something that is installed, it runs a script which removes all Origin cache and preference files. What did you try to install?

How did you try to change Origin to 32-bit? That's not possible on a Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (581 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is what I installed https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

And I right clicked on origin, selected get info and this is how I was able to open the app in 32bit

Message 3 of 7 (575 Views)

@krvptonite

Ok, why did you want to open it in 32-bit?

The reset tool doesn't install anything.

Which version of macOS are you running?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 7 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice

Really? Because It downloaded an app and yes but sadly it didn’t work- and I run high Sierra 

Message 5 of 7 (523 Views)

@krvptonite

It doesn't download an app, it downloads a script that, when run, trashes all the Origin files Standard smile

Have a look at this Origin thread and work your way through the suggestions - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 7 (511 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Aaah okay that make sense, I found a solution, I deleted all the folders related to origin in my library + one that start by ea.origin and now it’s working- I’m not sure for how long but I’ll happily take it. Thank you for taking the time to answer me I really appreciate it
Message 7 of 7 (465 Views)