Re: Origin In-Game Not Working

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Origin In-Game Not Working

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to download the free stuff packs, adding expansion packs to my cart, etc, on the Sims 4 with doing both, this warning shows up;

"Origin In Game has been disabled in the Origin Client. To enable Origin In Game, go to Application Settings, click on the Origin In Game menu and select the option to Enable Origin In Game."

I have already enabled Origin In-Game in the application settings and the game properties. I've also restarted the game, repaired the game, restarted my computer, re-installing origin and Sims 4. Also re-enabling Origin In-Game and disabling System Integrity Protection on my Mac. I've had the game for a while now, and Origin In-Game has never worked for me at all.

My Mac is currently on macOS Mojave. Sims 4 and Origin up to date.

If you have any ways of figuring this out, please help me. Also this is the first time I've written for the thread, and I apologize if my english isn't great or I posted this wrong.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (974 Views)

Re: Origin In-Game Not Working

@kuvshinovi

Firstly, please understand that disabling the system integrity protection is NOT something you should be doing lightly. You also do not need to do it to download and install the game, and you definitely don't need to have Origin in-game enabled at all to play.

I'm not sure what is going wrong with your installation but we can try a few things to try and fix it:

1. Run the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
2. Re-enable the system integrity protection on your Mac
3. Try to buy a pack through the Origin app or through the Origin website, not through the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (965 Views)