OS X El Capitan, The Sims 4 and NVIDIA graphics cards

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 won't go past the loading screen

For all those affected by this issue, SimGuruModSquad has posted links to NVIDIA's site where you can find manual driver updates for your Mac. 

I've written a step by step guide, with pictures, on how to do this update - http://bluebellflora.com/manually-update-nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers-in-os-x/

If you try it please take a minute to report back here if it worked for you, or not. This may hopefully solve the issue Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 71 of 97 (790 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]OS X El Capitan, The Sims 4 and NVIDIA graphics cards

★★★ Newbie

Well, (WARNING: I'm not good at technology so if something doesn't make sense, tell me) I installed origin on my mac which had the os x 10.6.8 at the time and I logged in, no problem, until origin came up saying that I can't go online and view the store and all that unless I get the 10.7.4 update or newer. All my sims 3 games came up in my 'my games' tab and I could play them no problem, but although the sims 4 game comes up in my 'my games' tab with no problem and I installed it with no problem, I could not play it. So, I updated to os x 10.11.4 el capitan and this time, TS4 comes up with the launch option and begins to go full screen with the borders and everything before it crashes. An error message pops up saying something like, you can't play sims 4 without origin running. Help? 

Message 72 of 97 (768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And oh, yeah, these are the mac details:

Model:iMac(20-inch, Mid 2007)

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Message 73 of 97 (763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the exact error message I got :

Unable to start:

Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims™ 4

[d3382ced:984c6a38:00000001:00000000] 

Even though it was running..

Message 74 of 97 (762 Views)

@OrchidOfCrystals

Please run the Origin reset tool - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Then try playing the game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 75 of 97 (755 Views)

Re: OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same computer, bought in on January of this year and I haven't been able to play the game since a week after I bought Sims. It has been 4 months waiting to resolve this problem and NOTHING. Im just frustrated. Hope you didn't have the same problem

Message 76 of 97 (719 Views)

@jessleemerari

Which computer do you have? Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

If your computer was bought new from Apple in January this year it would either have Intel or AMD graphics so this NVIDIA issue wouldn't affect it. What problem are you having? 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 77 of 97 (708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, 

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@jessleemerari

Which computer do you have? Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

If your computer was bought new from Apple in January this year it would either have Intel or AMD graphics so this NVIDIA issue wouldn't affect it. What problem are you having? 

It crashes, Ieven had to erase everything, so practically the game hasn't been played. But once I am at the part where I have to create de Sim, the rainbow circle appears and I can't do anything else from there. I have to force quit Sims, every single time, because it says that the game is not responding. I've tried through Origin, or directly through Sims and nothing. I've deleted it twice now, but nothing seems to help. I hace an open case since late January and I've spent lots of money, for nothing, since I haven't been able to play at all.

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.2

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Message 78 of 97 (701 Views)

@jessleemerari

Thanks. There are a few things to try:

• Can you update El Capitan to the latest release, 10.11.4?
  • Move your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts onto your desktop and try the game again
  • Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select Repair Game
  • Don't have anything else running whilst you are playing
  • Play with Origin disabled in game - Right click on the game in your Origin games library and click on Game Properties. Now check the box to disable Origin in game

When you say you had to erase everything, do you mean uninstall your game using the uninstaller or erase your Mac?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 79 of 97 (696 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried everything you have written, and I meant to write uninstall the game

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@jessleemerari

Thanks. There are a few things to try:

• Can you update El Capitan to the latest release, 10.11.4?
  • Move your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts onto your desktop and try the game again
  • Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select Repair Game
  • Don't have anything else running whilst you are playing
  • Play with Origin disabled in game - Right click on the game in your Origin games library and click on Game Properties. Now check the box to disable Origin in game

When you say you had to erase everything, do you mean uninstall your game using the uninstaller or erase your Mac?

Message 80 of 97 (688 Views)