Re: Nraas Story Progression

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nraas Story Progression

★ Guide

hey so I'm not sure if this is a technical problem or not - but i'm unsure where to download the Nraas story progression mod on Mac, I tried to create a new folder but it didn't seem to work - any help? :-)

Message 1 of 6 (1,701 Views)

Accepted Solution

@fififoofoo3123  Unlike in Sims 4, in Sims 3 you actually need to create a Mods folder, and a Packages folder inside (where the mods go), and also download a resource.cfg from somewhere and add it to Mods (not inside Packages, just next to it).  This is one of several excellent guides to installing Mods:

https://www.nraas.net/community/How-To-Install

Click cmd-F and search for "resource" for a link to a resource.cfg.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,596 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
@fififoofoo3123 I’m not sure if this is what you are asking. If you want to set up a mods folder from scratch, there is a framework you can download on Mod the Sims. It’s a zip file which will provide you with the mods folder and sub folders plus the resource.cfg. Just do a search for framework and you should find it. The nraas mods will go in the sub folder, Packages, within the Mods folder.
Message 2 of 6 (1,676 Views)

★ Guide

@Dorabella123 wrote:
@fififoofoo3123I’m not sure if this is what you are asking. If you want to set up a mods folder from scratch, there is a framework you can download on Mod the Sims. It’s a zip file which will provide you with the mods folder and sub folders plus the resource.cfg. Just do a search for framework and you should find it. The nraas mods will go in the sub folder, Packages, within the Mods folder.

hey so yes this may be the solution because I was trying to download a mod but i couldn’t find any mod folders (to save a mod) in my Sims 3 file...i’m so used to playing the Sims 4 that i’m not sure how downloading a Mod is much different in 3 vs 4

Message 3 of 6 (1,672 Views)

@fififoofoo3123  Are you still having trouble with mods?  Googling "NRaas StoryProgression" should take you directly to the download page.  In case you're not sure, the mod goes in Mods > Packages, and you need to delete scriptCache.package (in the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts) as well.

You can of course go wild, but I'd suggest downloading just the SP base mod first and trying it out before using any add-ons.  SP is by far the most complicated NRaas mod to learn to use, and the options can be overwhelming at first.

Message 4 of 6 (1,657 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@fififoofoo3123  Are you still having trouble with mods?  Googling "NRaas StoryProgression" should take you directly to the download page.  In case you're not sure, the mod goes in Mods > Packages, and you need to delete scriptCache.package (in the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts) as well.

You can of course go wild, but I'd suggest downloading just the SP base mod first and trying it out before using any add-ons.  SP is by far the most complicated NRaas mod to learn to use, and the options can be overwhelming at first.

In my case, I can't find the Mods folder in the TS3 folder, unsure if it's a bug or not. Here's a SS of my folder:

Message 5 of 6 (1,617 Views)

@fififoofoo3123  Unlike in Sims 4, in Sims 3 you actually need to create a Mods folder, and a Packages folder inside (where the mods go), and also download a resource.cfg from somewhere and add it to Mods (not inside Packages, just next to it).  This is one of several excellent guides to installing Mods:

https://www.nraas.net/community/How-To-Install

Click cmd-F and search for "resource" for a link to a resource.cfg.

Message 6 of 6 (1,597 Views)