No window shadows, yellow metallic flooring and pink trees

by nnxxy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No window shadows, yellow metallic flooring and pink trees

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello, I have been having a problem with the shadows in the sims 4. There are no window shadows, object shadows, etc. It’s making the inside of my house look really weird and the wallpaper is dark. The floor also has this weird yellow metallic color to it when u turn the screen. Also the trees are pink in the fall. This has been happening for over a year now, but I let it go. However, it has progressively gotten worse and I can’t take it anymore lol.

I turned off laptop mode and it looked normal but it started to lag a bit. I even looked up videos of people playing it on their laptops on YouTube and it looked fine. But I don’t know if they were really playing it on a laptop. I just looked it up and clicked on the first video. Is it because I have a Mac book pro? It’s really weird how the sims creators don’t notice this for Mac users. I honestly feel like sometimes they don’t really acknowledge the issues with Mac players sometimes......

someone please help me 

Message 1 of 10 (1,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No window shadows, yellow metallic flooring and pink trees

@nnxxy

Thanks. The Intel Iris graphics your Mac has are not designed for gaming so you will need lower settings to play, especially if you have a large amount of packs installed and especially if you have CC/Mods which are high detailed or enhance the graphical appearance of the game.

Users with Intel chips can play, but you need to decide whether you want eye popping graphics which will cause lag, or lower graphics settings and minimal lag.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,391 Views)

All Replies

@nnxxy 

Having laptop mode enabled ensures a smoother game experience for low end machines which cannot handle high graphics but means that graphics quality is compromised. The lag you get when you disable laptop mode is because your Mac is struggling to run the game properly. Do you have a 13" MacBook Pro with Intel graphics? It would help to know which exact Mac you have. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora HI. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. This is my macIMG_2474.jpg

Message 3 of 10 (1,437 Views)

@nnxxy

Thanks. The Intel Iris graphics your Mac has are not designed for gaming so you will need lower settings to play, especially if you have a large amount of packs installed and especially if you have CC/Mods which are high detailed or enhance the graphical appearance of the game.

Users with Intel chips can play, but you need to decide whether you want eye popping graphics which will cause lag, or lower graphics settings and minimal lag.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,392 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora thanks. i understand what to do if i want to play without laptop mode, so thank you for clarifying. But what if i want to play on laptop mode? the glitches that are happening, wont happen if i turn my settings down too?
Message 5 of 10 (1,380 Views)

@nnxxy

After enabling laptop mode you could try and raise some of the individual settings like lighting and reflections and see how it impacts performance. The glitches aren't really glitches, they're just a symptom of low graphics settings and some high graphics options being disabled.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,365 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora yeah, ive tried every setting option on laptop mode, and the shadows still arent appearing. But thank you so much for helping! its just weird because i remember in the november patch notes, they said that they took care of the pink trees in laptop mode, and other stuff but it came back. anyways, thanks again
Message 7 of 10 (1,358 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Hey! its been a while. So, I've been wondering if there is any way I can change my graphics card, or do I have to buy a new laptop with a different graphics card? I've noticed some people have two different graphics cards at the same time. Could i do that with mine? Thanks again!
Message 8 of 10 (1,279 Views)

@nnxxy

Hey Standard smile

Unfortunately you cannot change the graphics card, you would have to buy a new Mac. The 15" MacBook Pros have an integrated card like yours and also a dedicated AMD card which is what you need for great performance. The high end 27" iMacs also have good AMD cards.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 10 (1,274 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora thank you!
Message 10 of 10 (1,270 Views)