No storage/EA folder on mac, origin not allowing installation to external

by halcyonjhs

Original Post

No storage/EA folder on mac, origin not allowing installation to external

★★★ Newbie

I've downloaded the sims already, all I need to do is install the game. I have about 29 gb free on my main drive (which origin is saying is still not enough to run the game) and was hoping to install sims onto my external hard drive to keep the space available (My Passport for Mac). However I don't have an EA folder in my downloads as I had to delete it + origin at the start of the year, so I can't move the folder to my external as it literally doesn't exist. My hard drive shows up to move the download to, but an error message comes up saying that origin is 'unable to install games here'. I've tried making a new folder in that drive to put the installation in, but that doesn't even show up as an option, including the steam library games that I have in there already. Why is apple so hard...

Is there any way around this or will I have to find more things to delete to free up space so I can run the game/uninstall/move folder/reinstall game to external? 

Thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (291 Views)

Re: No storage/EA folder on mac, origin not allowing installation to external

@halcyonjhs

Where have you downloaded the game from? Origin automatically downloads AND installs the game for Mac users.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (237 Views)