No load button

by bumblebeesam14

Original Post

No load button

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I didn't know how to make a new question but I have a new question that I hope can be answered. So I wanted to play my sims 4 on my Mac (like I usually do) but it started yesterday. I launched the sims 4 app from my origin application but the load button when the sims 4 app opens, it disappeared. My two families are gone. Please help me.

Message 1 of 9 (561 Views)

Re: No load button

[ Edited ]
Hero

Moved your post to the mac forum @bumblebeesam14

EDIT:  Did you try create a new save game and didn't move your Sims in ? What happens when you click on the play button ? Are you taken to CAS to create a new family or to the map to move an existing family in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (554 Views)

★★ Novice

I started off with a family of 8 (two adults, six children) but then I couldn’t have any more babies so I saved that family and went back to the menu to make a new household. I played it and then saved it. Both in the same map but for some reason when I played my second household, didn’t see my first household on the map (wanted to visit). If I press the “play” button, it takes me to make a new sim.

Message 3 of 9 (520 Views)

Champion

@bumblebeesam14 , not sure if you have more packs installed, but it looks like you might need to reset Origin. The link with instructions is posted below.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Please keep us updated on if you need additional help.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 9 (498 Views)

Could you please go to your Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts, click the folder to select it then File > Get Info. In the window that pops up please post the file path to the Sims 4 folder under General > Where.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 9 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much @Tremayne4260, I'll let you know if it worked.

Message 6 of 9 (458 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, me again haha.. So I clicked the link you sent me and reset my origin app. I had to update my sims 4 and so I did. When I launched the sims 4, it's still the same. I only have one extension pack which is parenthood. Please help me, or someone help me, I don't want to lose my families.

Message 7 of 9 (454 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, me again haha.. So I clicked the link you sent me and reset my origin app. I had to update my sims 4 and so I did. When I launched the sims 4, it's still the same. I only have one extension pack which is parenthood. Please help me, or someone help me, I don't want to lose my families.

Message 8 of 9 (454 Views)

@bumblebeesam14

Could you please post the file path as explained in my previous post?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 9 (441 Views)