Re: New graphics card unsupported

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Another screen of the glitching:

Screencap.jpg

Message 21 of 25 (399 Views)

@EliasVersace

It may be issues with the Apple driver for that GPU, or issues with how the game specifically uses it. Nothing wrong with having the GPU now showing as found and supported, that's the state you want it to be in Standard smile

How about if you bulldoze that lot and rebuild on it? Does it still happen?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 25 (392 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi!

So I tried bulldozing the lot and the result was interesting - the glitching is gone for the most part. After a few minutes of testing I got a minor black bar across the screen for a quick moment that went away and didn't make the game freeze. In short; the game is now playable on high settings (and sim appearance on very high, lighting on very high). It's so weird that my graphic card seems to have an issue with only one lot in the game. Before, even on medium and low settings on my 5K monitor the severe glitching occurred only on the Orchid a Go Go lot in Del Sol Valley. 

I also unchecked the 'Retina Display' option in the settings menu. I think that wasn't the cause of the glitching but it made the FPS drop and made the game perform poorer in general. I assume that's because any game would be very hard to run in Retina resolution? Do you know if that's true? I'm kind of new to these kind of specs in a PC Standard smile

After testing the game for quite a while, even after putting my mods folder back in place, it seems like the game runs smoothly if I don't visit that one lot or if I bulldoze it and build something else on it, which I don't mind. I hope the glitch (that's probably there because of my new graphics card, I assume?) will be gone after one of the next patches. I think I also need to play the game for a few hours this week to build trust again, because I'm still too cautious now to really enjoy it.

Thanks again for the help and I'm curious what you think about the result!

Message 23 of 25 (356 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh and by the way - That very quick freeze with the black bar across the screen happened after I checked 'Enable script Mods' in the main menu again for the first time. However I've tested without mods yesterday and the day before, so the glitching couldn't have had anything to do with my mods folder. 

It seems like if I bulldoze the lot, 95% of the glitching is gone (even after building something new or placing something down from the gallery, even object-heavy lots), but 5% remains hidden and only shows if you do something drastic like change a menu setting... So strange.

Message 24 of 25 (351 Views)

@EliasVersace

A game patch may not fix it. It may be that a driver update from Apple will. It is weird that it's only that lot but it could be a specific texture that's causing it. There are several issues with the AMD GPUs and the game and they have gotten worse since the Metal upgrade last year for some. Nothing has improved since then, in fact there are more issues that seem to be piling up.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 25 of 25 (350 Views)