New MacBook Pro?

by krabby_pattiess

Original Post

Re: New MacBook Pro?

@tracilynnie  I was only filling in the blanks and expanding the information for others who may come across this post, while tagging you and the OP to clarify.

If I may just explain a couple of things—the Super Patch is not a 3rd party application, it is a manual download of the cumulative patch to 1.67 from EA’s servers. The link to Bluebellflora's site explains how to bypass the Gatekeeper settings in macOS in order to install the patch, as at the time of release, no signed developer verification was required. You can, of course, run just the base game without having to install any updates, but if packs are installed then the game needs to be patched; there is no getting around it. Your patch version will show in the bottom left corner of the launcher.

It is possible to update through the launcher, rather than manually, but the patch is large (roughly 2Gb) and can often crash the launcher or become corrupted during the process. Downloading separately from the launcher removes the risk of corrupting the game, which would necessitate a clean uninstall and reinstall.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 13 (443 Views)

Champion

To piggyback off of what @puzzlezaddict said, the Launcher was not built to handle the amount of data that is in the Super Patch and in the past we found that quite often the game would crash without the complete patch. The manual patch is the only way to correctly patch Sims 3 on any computer regardless of which OS you run (Windows or Mac). However, the Windows version patches the game via Origin if I am not mistaken. (I don't play on the Windows version much). 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 13 (418 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry for my bump but thank you. I will see if that super patch works. Standard smile

Message 13 of 13 (359 Views)