i redeem my sims 3 code but i cant install it

by BaranaS4

Original Post

New Apple M1 Chip - is Sims 3 compatible?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, 

there has been an ongoing discussion on the Sims 4 forum about Apple’s new M1 Chip. 
Now I’m wondering, will Sims 3 work on the new MacBook Versions of Late 2020? 

Has anyone tried it so far?

Message 1 of 12 (8,620 Views)

Re: New Apple M1 Chip - is Sims 3 compatible?

★★★ Guide

I was wondering the same! 

Message 2 of 12 (8,605 Views)

Re: New Apple M1 Chip - is Sims 3 compatible?

@moinkindas and @jbd00  Yes, the game is compatible, and it runs fairly well.  There are some unsightly pink lines around sims' UI portraits and on loading screens, and there may be an issue with blurry text.  But the game itself is pretty stable and runs on high settings at high framerates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 12 (8,589 Views)

i redeem my sims 3 code but i cant install it

★★★ Newbie

I download the sims 3 and used the redeem code. everything went ok and I got an install option, I clicked on it but nothing happend. I see the game in my library but its not colourful and when I click on it I see no play button. I use macbook air 2019 and latest MacOs BigSur. I dont know why? can you please help me I got frustrated.

Message 4 of 12 (8,539 Views)

Re: i redeem my sims 3 code but i cant install it

Community Manager

@BaranaS4   If you search the Origin Store ('search games and more' option on the left side in the Origin client) can you search for the Sims 3 and see if you have an option for the 64-bit version of Sims 3 to install? Since you are on BigSur you are on a 64-bit operating system, and the older version of Sims 3 was meant for the 32-bit operating systems.  

Sims 3.PNG

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 12 (8,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_IlliumHi, I am using both Macbook Air m1 Monterey and Macbook Pro Intel Big Sur. On both of these laptops, in the origin library, the 64-bit version of The Sims 3 has some kind of white overlay like in the screenshot you posted. When opening the game details, I can't see any download/install button. I haven't downloaded the game before. Any idea how to solve this?

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 5.38.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 5.38.31 PM.png

Message 6 of 12 (6,058 Views)

@YkmLo  The issue is that you have an EA Play subscription: EA Play is only supported in Windows.  Even when there's a Mac version of a given game, you still won't be able to use your subscription to play it in macOS.  The solution is to cancel EA Play and buy a standalone copy of Sims 3.

Message 7 of 12 (6,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah, got it! Thanks :D

Message 8 of 12 (6,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium Sorry if this is a dead forum, but I just got a M1 Pro MacBook Pro 14in that I was going to play Sims 3 on. I got it from Origin, downloaded the only one it let me download (64-bit/Metal) and it came with High Loft stuff and Night Life. Installed it, booted it, splash page opens up, showing that it recognizes the expansions downloaded below so apparently no problem there. However, when I click the play button, an error saying..........
"Unable to start game
Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher)

Can someone PLEASE assist? I'm getting nowhere quick with EA.
Message 9 of 12 (5,238 Views)

@AwesomeFelloww  This is absolutely not a dead forum; it just doesn't get as much traffic as it used to now that the 64-bit Mac version installs properly.

Anyway, go into Document > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete Version.tag, then test.

Message 10 of 12 (5,227 Views)