Re: Never received Sims 4 Update from July 31st/Won't update (Mac)

by amyybugg14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Never received Sims 4 Update from July 31st/Won't update (Mac)

★★ Novice

July 31st rolled around and I went to see how the new Sims 4 update was and my Origin never installed it. I have it on auto update. It's worked so far for all the other patches. So I right clicked and tried updating it manually and I got the error that says there's no internet connection, try again. Have been trying everyday to no avail.

I followed steps on this site to reset the game, uninstall/reinstall origin, wipe out the download cache, etc. Nothing is working! Also, it says on the game details that my last play date was October 31st, 2016. I open the game daily so that's weird.

The game works just fine, but it won't update. It's so frustrating!  

Message 1 of 5 (937 Views)

Accepted Solution

@amyybugg14  Origin is having issues with downloading or updating games for macs, particularly with older versions of mac OS.  (Yosemite seems to be particularly difficult.)  EA is working on a solution but has not fixed the issue yet.  You can check for updates in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6938454#M13245

If your game is working, I'd just wait until Origin is working properly for macs again.  The last thing you want is to mess up your install and not be able to play for a while.  Going forward, you might want to turn off auto-updates so that you're not surprised by a problematic patch.  The hours played/last played bug is also a longstanding nonissue that has no effect on anyone's ability to play TS4.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,065 Views)

All Replies

@amyybugg14  Origin is having issues with downloading or updating games for macs, particularly with older versions of mac OS.  (Yosemite seems to be particularly difficult.)  EA is working on a solution but has not fixed the issue yet.  You can check for updates in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6938454#M13245

If your game is working, I'd just wait until Origin is working properly for macs again.  The last thing you want is to mess up your install and not be able to play for a while.  Going forward, you might want to turn off auto-updates so that you're not surprised by a problematic patch.  The hours played/last played bug is also a longstanding nonissue that has no effect on anyone's ability to play TS4.

Message 2 of 5 (1,066 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you happen to know when this will get fixed? I now can't get the newest free update with the Caribbean style items...

Message 3 of 5 (856 Views)

@amyybugg14  No, sorry, I don't know; I'm waiting for an EA update just like everyone else.  (The responders here are almost always your fellow players.)  But you can update your OS to High Sierra, or El Capitan if your computer doesn't support HS, to fix the issue.  If that doesn't immediately help, try running the Origin reset tool for macs.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Message 4 of 5 (851 Views)

★★ Novice

The Origin Reset Tool worked! I'm not sure how, but it did! Thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (822 Views)