Re: [NEED INFO] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing - New Macbook Pro 2019

★ Apprentice
@SilvanaAvalos96 The issues I've been having occur irrespective of lot, family, or save. Are you saying you were able to get your game to work by playing a different lot? I'd be interested to know what steps you took to get the game to work!
Message 191 of 614 (865 Views)

★ Apprentice
@omanasim21 Can you be more specific? Are you able to successfully enter build mode while in Live Mode? Are the floor tiles visible or do you see the base map when in build mode?
Message 192 of 614 (864 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing - New Macbook Pro 2019

★★★★ Novice
@kace12345 I've tried everything they suggest in here: updating my mac software, resetting my NVRAM, repairing my game, and also enabling vertical sync and disabling retina display. To be honest, my game was running perfectly before I decided to go to this specific lot (Chic Street in San Myshuno). I don't really understand why only this lot has an issue, or why could that even happen, but if you checked this thread a lot of users have issues with San Myshuno, have you tried playing in another world? It still pisses me off, and apparently this has been going on for quite a while and EA has made no comment on it but I am able to play avoiding that lot in the meantime.
I suggest you to try fixing the game, updating your MacBook software, resetting your NVRAM, checking your icloud driver, enabling Vertical sync, and also: I do find that playing full screen rather than window does help (It's a lot, but I tried everything so I don't know for sure what action helped the issue). Graphics my still be weird but it's a lot better imo.
Hope it helps!
Message 193 of 614 (808 Views)

@omanasim21 @SilvanaAvalos96

Thanks both for confirming it's San Myshuno that is the issue. Is this just in apartment lots or on the normal lots too?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 194 of 614 (766 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I haven't tested every lot in San Myshuno yet, but I moved my household to another apartment and it works just fine, I also build a retail shop on a normal lot in SM and everything was perfect. The only one causing issues right now is Chic Street - screen glitching, flooring missing, instant crashing (I'm not really sure if the issue remains for every lot in the fashion district, but I'll test it out. I don't really know why but I think the entire district or at least its apartments are the ones having troubles)
I'll continue to play and update you guys... Still, I find all these errors so odd... While all are related to MBP 16", they are SO inconsistent! I really hope EA takes care of the issue and if someone's reading this please make sure to click on Me Too on the 1 page so we catch EA's attention sooner!
Message 195 of 614 (759 Views)

@SilvanaAvalos96

Thanks! And had you bulldozed the Chic Street lot? Or was it the one that is already in the world?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 196 of 614 (745 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am unable to build successfully. THe floor tiles are visible - I could build in other worlds but in SM I am unable to build. The floor tiles are half there/half not. Hopefully that makes sense? I can try and send photos 

Message 197 of 614 (745 Views)

@omanasim21

Yes, but have you tried this on every single lot in San Myshuno? Sorry to seem pedantic but apartments are different kinds of lots and have always had some issues. Some screenshots would be great, thanks Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 198 of 614 (738 Views)

★ Apprentice

Normal lots too. 

Message 199 of 614 (737 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I haven't tried the normal lots on fashion district just yet, but I can't possibly bulldoze Chic Street. My game crashes as soon as I click con Build Mode if not as soon as I enter the lot... unless there's another way to bulldoze the lot without getting in I don't think I'll be able to do it
Message 200 of 614 (714 Views)