Re: Screen glitched and is now zoomed in

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Screen glitched and is now zoomed in

★★★★★ Novice

A few days ago I was playing the sims and my screen started glitching so bad that I had no control over my mac book and I had to restart it. Today I try to go on and my main menu is zoomed in and the cursor is replaced by the zoom in tool. At this point, Ive tried everything. I've tried taking out my mods, repairing the game, refreshing the game folder, changing my graphics in window mode, turning off retina display, nothing has worked. I don't know if some mod has permanently broken my game or whatever but I'm really desperate for help! 

Message 181 of 614 (1,267 Views)
Highlighted

@catlynmm 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 182 of 614 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Operating System (Version)    macOS Catalina Version 10. 15. 6

Mac Model.   Macbook Pro 16 inch 2019

Processor.    2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory (RAM).    6 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics.     AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

15" and 16" MacBook Pro users - click on System Report then Graphics/Displays in the left side list. If your Mac has dedicated graphics this will show up as either NVIDIA or AMD in the right side window, please list the specification here as well.     AMD Radeon Pro 5300M

Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition?     Normal Version

Are you running any antivirus?     No

Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game.    Yes.

Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?    Yes and Yes but no problem fixed. 

Message 183 of 614 (1,186 Views)

@catlynmm

Thanks Standard smile

I've merged your post into this thread for the 16" MacBook Pros. There are some odd glitches happening with them unfortunately when trying to play the game. Have a look at the opening post and try some of the suggestions. If one works for you please let us know, it will help others Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 184 of 614 (1,178 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thank you so much for adding me to the thread! Even though my problems seemed different than the first person in the thread I still ended up adding that text in the GraphicsCard file and I also shut off the iCloud Document thing! Not sure which of the two did it but my game seems to be running perfectly in fullscreen mode now! The only thing that worries me is the fact that even when fullscreen mode is on, it still says windowed in the game options. Not sure why that is. 

Message 185 of 614 (1,154 Views)

@catlynmm

Is it proper full screen? Or is it a window taking up the whole screen? Does it have the grey border and the red, yellow and green buttons in the top left corner?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 186 of 614 (1,093 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is The Sims 4 still crashing on 16" MacBook Pros, even after this most recent July 23rd update? I didn't see anything in the patch notes about support for the 5300m, 5500m, or 5600m. Frown

Message 187 of 614 (1,007 Views)

Re: [NEED INFO] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

★ Apprentice

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

My laptop has a save that has been crashing. Going into San Myusho I cannot visit any lots. In other worlds, I can build but go into a lot in build mode causes it to disappear. 

I have recovered the save, no luck. I have experienced this in the past - seems to happen intermittently 

Message 188 of 614 (971 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing - New Macbook Pro 2019

★★★★ Novice

oh MY GOD!!!!! I tried E V E R Y T H I N G in this thread and nothing seemed to work no matter how hard I tried! And I can't believe I refused to play all this time just because I was so set on placing my household in THAT particular lot that I didn't even try to test the game in others.

If it wasn't for your answer, I wouldn’t have played ever again.

Thank you, truly.

Message 189 of 614 (946 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jedimacfa It's still crashing on the 16" Macbook Pros. I just booted it up today (July 28th), with a new household, new folder, repaired origin, ect... and it still crashed. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't know if it will ever be fixed.
Message 190 of 614 (935 Views)