Re: Game crashes when loading household, also origin problem

by ldthomson

Original Post

Re: Missing floor The Sims 4, after 03/06/20 Update

@iniabasi

That's great, thanks! I've merged your post into this thread on 16" MBPs as there are a few issues with the game playing on them at the moment for some.

Did you not have any issues before the June patch?

The opening post on the first page has some suggestions to try and resolve the issue, you should definitely try them out as they do work for some Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 141 of 614 (705 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, the game was running perfectly before the June patch

Message 142 of 614 (699 Views)

@iniabasi

Ok, that's good to know and also interesting. Which packs do you have installed? I wonder if certain packs are causing some of this wonkiness...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 143 of 614 (686 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Good point!

I've been wondering if it's pack related for a while now. Although I've experience the issue in base game and EP lots, some of the previous posts mention that for those users the issue is only confined to City Living or Island Living lots.

It's also surprising that some 16' Mac users have only begun to experience this issue after the latest update, while others have been experiencing it since December.
Message 144 of 614 (677 Views)

@kace12345 wrote:
@Bluebellflora Good point!

It's also surprising that some 16' Mac users have only begun to experience this issue after the latest update, while others have been experiencing it since December.

Yep. I've noticed the City Living references and am wondering if any others may be contributing to the problem. People buy and install packs all the time so it may be that their game is fine and then breaks after installing a specific patch Thinking

AHQSigImage.png
Message 145 of 614 (636 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I've got seasons, get famous, get to work, dine out, romantic stuff, movie hangout stuff and perfect patio stuff
Message 146 of 614 (612 Views)

Re: Game crashes when loading household, also origin problem

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AmazingADO I did, for some reason it's not displaying correctly..
Message 147 of 614 (585 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora It started for me after the last bundle I purchased, which contained Get Together, Strangerville and Tiny Living. Prior to that, it was all fine, although I had purchased those packs before the arrival of my new MacBook, which was a few days later...

I can't say that I've noticed a problem on the one that I was using before (13" 2012 Pro model) but obviously there is a considerable difference in the architecture of that machine vs this one.
Message 148 of 614 (584 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I was really excited, after completing the build of the house where I first noticed this problem, thinking that this problem was resolved - although how I have no idea. 

Last night I created a brand new save file to focus solely on building. I'm about 3-4 hours in on my first house and all of a sudden, the game is crashing and the floor is back to disappearing again. 

A few observations though. 

I had the game settings on Ultra. Although my Mac can handle that perfectly, performance was being really hammered outside of the game. As my long-term plan for this machine is to setup a Sims channel on YouTube and then doing streaming, too, I decided to tweak it a little and enabled laptop mode. 

I then loaded the game up again after this and that was when I started to notice a problem - perhaps this is behind the issue? 

Message 149 of 614 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ldthomson I don't think I changed any other settings though, figuring that laptop mode would make ultra graphics behave a little less power-hungry on my machine. I will undo this change and see what happens.
Message 150 of 614 (582 Views)