Re: Game crashes when loading household, also origin problem

by ldthomson

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes. But the lot I was building on I was visiting "alone", as in, without Sims.. 

The family is in Newcrest, the lot I am struggling to build on is in Glimmerbrook. 

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever brought this to the attention of any of the Sim Guru's, via Twitter, for example? 

Message 131 of 614 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AmazingADO I have been using the same family, for speed. So the game freezes on the loading screen and eventually crashes if I select that household. When I go to the lot I was trying to build on last weekend, I go unaccompanied - there I still see the same problem with the bottomless pit appearing in the rooms when I place flooring down on them.

Has anyone mentioned this to any of the Sim gurus out there?
Message 132 of 614 (725 Views)

@ldthomson

The QA team actively look at these forums Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 133 of 614 (691 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I have absolutely no idea what is going on but, being Scottish, I am NOT one to be defeated easily! 

I went in to the same game save file which is causing me all these problems. I loaded a different household - no problem. So, I went back to the trouble lot that I was having issues building on and well, now, it looks like this! 

The game has not crashed, I have not been thrown out of it. The only thing I've noticed is that, even for this machine, the settings are up too high - it's unusable outside of the game so I'll need to make some adjustments. 

Not are if this is any use to anyone but I wanted to share it for everyone else! 

Message 134 of 614 (675 Views)

★ Apprentice

you didn't attach a picture though

Message 135 of 614 (655 Views)

Missing floor The Sims 4, after 03/06/20 Update

★★★ Novice

I've literally tried everything at this point and I need help. After the update, the game was crashing non stop even after completely moving mods and cc (I made sure to take them out before updating). After trying to repair the game on origin with no change I uninstalled it and re-installed it. The game no longer quits when playing but the floors on all the lots are missing, just empty spaces underneath the buildings and a weird black space on the lot where the sims I play live (pictures attached). The missing floors was happening after the update as well but I thought that would be taken care of after reinstalling, I was more concerned with the crashing. Now the crashing has stopped but the floors are still missing, no mods or cc added still.
Please help!

Message 136 of 614 (717 Views)

Re: Missing floor The Sims 4, after 03/06/20 Update

Hero
@iniabasi Are you playing on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 137 of 614 (702 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I am playing on a Mac 

Message 138 of 614 (699 Views)

Hero
@iniabasi Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 139 of 614 (683 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for replying so quickly, here's all the info:

• Operating System macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4
  • Mac model MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019
  • Processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • Memory (RAM) 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal Version
  • Are you running any antivirus? No
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. Yes, once before uninstalling and once after it was reinstalled. Both times nothing changed 
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem? I use them but I took them out before uninstalling and I haven’t put them back since 
Message 140 of 614 (634 Views)