Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing - New Macbook Pro 2019

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Unfortunately it just transferred to a different lot. Now I am totally at a loss. Frown
Message 91 of 614 (2,270 Views)

@AmazingADO

So strange. Did you try a new user account?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 92 of 614 (2,259 Views)

★ Apprentice

no just the same account. i only have on profile on the mac and i only have one origin account.

Message 93 of 614 (2,233 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora I tried setting up a new account in my mac, but it still showed the same error unfortunately.
Message 94 of 614 (2,207 Views)

★★★ Novice

I turned off iCloud Drive and unfortunately it was working for a little bit longer and still ended up crashing even with creating a new sims folder 

Message 95 of 614 (2,196 Views)

@AmazingADO thanks for trying. I wonder if disabling Origin in-game would help? It used to cause serious issues in Mojave but nothing as graphical as yours. I always have it disabled https://bluebellflora.com/2017/12/23/disable-origin-in-game/ At this point I'm out of ideas. There is the super repair option https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

@Cassie1121 As you can see in this thread, there are still considerable issues with the game on the new 16" MBP. Could you go through the troubleshooting AmazingADO and I have been trying over the last 3 pages or so in this thread and see if anything else works?

Thanks both for trying so many suggestions, always helpful for other players. Hopefully we'll get there in the end Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 96 of 614 (2,161 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora

I've actually tried the disable Origin in game early on.

I've also just tried your suggestion, and I've tried moving the install folder as well. At this point I think I may have tried EVERYTHING already.

I think my next steps may be just asking apple to check my computer -- once their store opens up in my area. But I'm almost in doubt that its the computer who's problematic as I've tried other games and they function much better than my older PC.

Thanks for your many many suggestions and patience. I am still open to trying more, if they come up.
Message 97 of 614 (2,138 Views)

@AmazingADO

I think you have tried everything! Let's give resetting the NVRAM a try next Standard smile https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204063

AHQSigImage.png
Message 98 of 614 (2,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BluebellfloraOkay! I THINK that this might have helped. So far, I have not seen any breakage, that said I have only played for about 10 mins again - however I've went to 3 apartments, 3 neighborhoods all seemed to work. So I'll be testing it more in a few hrs. But I think this has helped, so thank you!!! Really really crossing fingers that its smooth sailing now.

Problem went back. Frown

Attaching error code, maybe someone can make sense of this.

Message 99 of 614 (2,099 Views)

@AmazingADO

Oh no Frown Does it temporarily fix again if you do another NVRAM reset? Thanks for the error report.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 100 of 614 (2,059 Views)