Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing - New Macbook Pro 2019

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★ Apprentice

both of them. the reason its uninhabited is because as soon as they load.  sims 4 closes without an error message  or it would get the graphical glitch then close after a few minutes. Maybe you have a different graphic card than me ?

Message 81 of 614 (2,425 Views)
Highlighted

@AmazingADO

Yeah I do. I tested on my iMac which has an AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8GB and is supported in the game. We could try adding your GPU to the game? I need the 10 or so lines under the === Graphics device info === section in the Config.log file in the Sims 4 folder to know what to put.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 82 of 614 (2,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
Name (database): AMD Radeon Pro 5500M / 5300M [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 7340, Board: 0000020f, Chipset: 0040
Driver: macOS Metal driver, Version: 0.0.0.0
Driver version: 0
Monitor: 00000000
Texture memory: 8176MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 0
Opt. features: +d24s8

isn't it using the graphics card already?
Message 83 of 614 (2,396 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AmazingADO

Thanks Standard smile Yes, it is using the card but newer cards aren' necessarily added to the GraphicsCards.sgr file so they show [Found: 0, Supported: 1] or [Found: 0, Supported: 0] and the game isn't happy. Yours is though which is great although not helpful in this situation.

Try a completely clean game by moving the Sims 4 folder to the desktop, launching the game to create a new Sims 4 folder, and see if you can load that lot. If you can then move your saves from the folder you moved into the new folder and see if again it will work.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 84 of 614 (2,389 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora

So we just tried this. I redid the uncheck retina and check v sync, for some reason even other apartments of the same building is showing some breakage (like Penny's apartment is also showing the same thing) but all other apartments in San Myshuno are okay. Also, other neighborhood are 100% okay.

Note that prior to this trial I cleared the Origin install cache and did a fresh reinstall of the Sims. Frown
Message 85 of 614 (2,358 Views)

@AmazingADO

Frown I don't know what else to suggest but just clearing the Origin install cache is pretty useless on a Mac, you should run the reset tool instead https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Have you tried a new user account on your Mac? This would discount anything else running on your Mac in your current user account that maybe contributing to the issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 86 of 614 (2,318 Views)

Re: Sims Help - new proc failed with errno: 0x56

★★★ Novice

I also have no information in the legacy software and my game version is 1.62.69.1220.   My game crashes after several minutes of playing the game. My Mac is MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7. I am currently running macOS Catalina version 10.15.4.  I came across this problem and deleted my old sims 4 folder and started a completely new folder yesterday which worked well and again today a day later it started crashing again. Any ideas?? 

Message 87 of 614 (2,328 Views)

Re: Sims Help - new proc failed with errno: 0x56

@Cassie1121

We have this specific thread for 16" MBPs. Please try the suggestions in the opening post.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 88 of 614 (2,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BluebellfloraOMG, I think the reset tool works!! I am not seeing the problem anymore (I only played for 10 mins though). I will test more!

The only problem I am now experiencing is when exiting game, it gives me a "Program quit unexpectedly" which as long as I save first (not save and exit) should be okay.

Thank you loads!! Hoping everything is fixed now!!

EDIT RESPONSE: The problem just transfered to a different lot. Frown

Message 89 of 614 (2,272 Views)

@AmazingADO

Great! Bookmark the reset tool, it is invaluable for Origin and game performance issues Standard smile Save and Quit can be a bit buggy sometimes, always go with Save on its own.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 90 of 614 (2,252 Views)