My sims won't let me click anything and it doesn't open in full screen

by Laralishouss

Original Post

My sims won't let me click anything and it doesn't open in full screen

★★ Novice

For some reason, my sims won't let me click any buttons unless I go way under the actual button (like if I wanted to click 'game options' in the menu, I would have to put my mouse on 'release notes', but if I wanted to click 'release notes', I would have to put my mouse on 'manage worlds'...) I don't know why it is doing this and I have already tried to restart my game a bunch of times. 

It won't let me open the game in fullscreen either or put it in fullscreen sometimes, even if I go into 'game options', it says it's in fullscreen when it's not.

I have a mac... Help me please

Message 1 of 4 (1,701 Views)

Re: My sims won't let me click anything and it doesn't open in full screen

@Laralishouss

Can you go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and trash the Options.ini file then try again? Also try toggling between fullscreen and windowed mode by pressing CTRL, CMD and F.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I just fixed my sims a few weeks ago, and now It won't let me press ANY of the buttons. For example, if I wanted to quit the game I would have to do force quit since I'm playing on my MacBook. I suggest if your on Mac you should try and delete your cc or mods. Maybe that's what's making the game crash. If that does not work I think it allows you to press the backspace button on finder or wherever you keep your mods, and it should give you mods back.

Message 3 of 4 (1,192 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Thank you. It helped me. Worked so quickly. Standard smile
Message 4 of 4 (956 Views)