My sims game has been loading since last night

by taleeyabby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims game has been loading since last night

★★★ Newbie

last night i was ready to play the sims 4 (just like anyone normally would) but then i realised the loading screen was taken more then 2 mins. I realised i have got A LOT of mods so i gave it about 10 mins and went in another room. when i came back i was shocked that it was STILL loading. i then realised that my laptop was on a very low percentage, maybe about 2% so i let it die over night. When i woke up this morning i put my mac on charge, and about an hour later i open my screen to see that my laptop was STILL on 0% and the sims 4 game has been loading OVER NIGHT even though my mac was out of power. i am really worried because my game wont close because when i shut down the mac it says "The Sims 4 is still running. Close that down before you close your mac" but the thing is, i cant close the sims down as ive presses the exit button multiple times and nothing has happened, 

please can anyone help me for my problem?

Message 1 of 6 (441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims game has been loading since last night

@taleeyabby

Move your Mods folder to the desktop and then see if your game will load. If it does you need to go through your Mods and find which one, or more, is not compatible with the game since the last patch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (427 Views)

All Replies

@taleeyabby

Move your Mods folder to the desktop and then see if your game will load. If it does you need to go through your Mods and find which one, or more, is not compatible with the game since the last patch.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora thanks a lot, i have removed all my mods into a folder and the game has loaded, now im going to try find the broken ones! your a life saver!
Message 3 of 6 (414 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Main solution! i had downloaded something for the sims 3 without realising
Message 4 of 6 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]

@taleeyabby

Yep, that will be it :eahigh_file:

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 6 (379 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@taleeyabby how were you able to install origin to Mac? I followed the steps but it won't let me open origin on my application
Message 6 of 6 (357 Views)