My sims can't enter or leave the house I made them

by fobloverforlife

Original Post

My sims can't enter or leave the house I made them

★ Novice

Dear simmers,

So I have this household that I've had for a long time (over 5 years at this point) and recently they haven't able to go into the house. I have me, my friend, and our wives in this household along with a dog and a cat. every time I try entering every door (including replacing doors multiple times) and each time the sims have the little foot with a red x saying that there is something in the way when there isn't. They have missed work, gotten hungry, thirsty, I can't take my dog for a walk because I can't leave my property. I have tried almost everything at this point. I have tried also saving my house lot and my household to the gallery, making a fully new world, importing both my household and my house into this new world, and they still can't get into the house. What is going on with my sims/sims world and how can I fix this. I am on OSX High Sierra and I have a mid-2014 Mac Book Pro Retina. None of my other saves do this (I tested this with an older save that didn't have my animals in it and my sims could enter and exit the house just fine). Is this a problem with my sims, my house for some reason, or both? I also want to let you know that I have a lot of custom content in this world because I am into rock bands and have downloaded cc band posters and band clothing.

Message 1 of 3 (217 Views)

Re: My sims can't enter or leave the house I made them

★ Novice

Edit to my post: I have figured out after re downloading my sims from my gallery and putting a random house on the lot that it is my house that is broken some how. does this mean I gotta recreate my house from scratch?

Message 2 of 3 (211 Views)

Re: My sims can't enter or leave the house I made them

@fobloverforlife

Could you upload the house to the gallery? I'll download and test it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (201 Views)