Re: My sims 3 launcher won't download sims3packs (Mac)

by krist9769

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 3 launcher won't download sims3packs (Mac)

★★ Novice

I decided to download the sims 3 on my MacBook Pro (Catalina) since it came out for 64 bit. I was very excited to play and download custom content but I ran into an errors specifically with .sims3packs (I don't have issues with packages). I tried to download from The Exchange and when it downloads onto the launcher itself it comes up with a yellow triangle with a exclamation point in it. The error I keep on getting is "Sims3Launcher/Strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail:Text" I've tried to repair it, I've looked through the threads and I haven't seen anyone with the same issue. If anyone knows the solution please let me know!

Message 1 of 5 (1,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

@krist9769  Sorry for the late reply; I've been otherwise occupied for a few days and fell way behind.  I did however download your sim, at least one copy of the three you linked, with no issues whatsoever.  I initially saw the same error you did, but when I clicked OK, the sim started to install.  I tested in two different clean Sims 3 folders.

Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Even if you've already done so, the new patch today changed a bit about what the repair does, so it's worth doing again.  Then try to download your sim.  If you can't, I can send you the relevant files, although I'm not totally sure they'll work, and you might be missing a bit of content since I don't own Katy Perry.  But maybe it's better than nothing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,229 Views)

All Replies

@krist9769  Please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try to download one of the affected items.  Let me know whether it works.

If it doesn't, do any of the packs you're trying to install possibly contain content from packs you don't own?  Please link me a couple examples, so I can test them myself.  It's possible the downloads themselves are corrupt in some way.

Message 2 of 5 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict It seems it doesn't want to download still even after I took out the old folder and spawned a new one. I was trying to download one of my own creations from years ago and it's still giving me the same message- I have all the packs/expansions needed for it.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8409732#

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9425129 

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9425169

Message 3 of 5 (1,287 Views)

@krist9769  Sorry for the late reply; I've been otherwise occupied for a few days and fell way behind.  I did however download your sim, at least one copy of the three you linked, with no issues whatsoever.  I initially saw the same error you did, but when I clicked OK, the sim started to install.  I tested in two different clean Sims 3 folders.

Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Even if you've already done so, the new patch today changed a bit about what the repair does, so it's worth doing again.  Then try to download your sim.  If you can't, I can send you the relevant files, although I'm not totally sure they'll work, and you might be missing a bit of content since I don't own Katy Perry.  But maybe it's better than nothing.

Message 4 of 5 (1,230 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Thank you! I installed the update and repaired the game as well- still got the same message I pressed OK and it popped up the download menu! I really appreciate the help. :D

Message 5 of 5 (1,226 Views)