Re: My sims 3 64 bit stuck on the loading screen

by classicacosta

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict So doing this worked! I realized the mods that were messing up my game are ones that I don't even need actually!:
fridge mod
get drunk mod
no free performance mod
workout costs money mod
story progression money mod
story progression relationship mod

these are all brass mods!

Message 21 of 29 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@classicacosta nrass* mods
Message 22 of 29 (458 Views)

@classicacosta  It would be odd for those mods to cause the issue, unless you have other mods that conflict.  It should also be noted that you would need the StoryProgression base mod for the Money and Relationship add-ons to work.  If you'd like to troubleshoot further, I'd be interested to know which mods you currently have.  But if you're satisfied, you don't need to spend any more time on this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 29 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I Would love to troubleshoot further! I do have the story progression base mod still, its some of the other story progression mods that I removed that somehow made my game work efficiently! (I still have my Cars CC) The current mods that I kept are:
NRaas_MasterControllerCheats.package
NRaas_MasterController.package
NRaas_MasterControllerIntegration.package
NRaas_MasterControllerProgression.package
NRaas_Porter.package
NRaas_PortraitPanel.package
NRaas_StoryProgression.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionPopulation.package
NRaas_Tempest.package
NRaas_Traveler.package
NRaas_Woohooer.package
Message 24 of 29 (447 Views)

@classicacosta  Personally, I would add NRaas ErrorTrap and Overwatch for general maintenance, in fact I'd never play a save I cared about without them.  As far as your current mods go, none of them should conflict with any of the others or with the ones you removed.  It's possible that something went wrong temporarily with the features of one of the mods and that removing it removes the problem, letting your save load properly.  It's also possible that you have an outdated version of one of the SP add-ons, which would be an issue.

In your position, I'd go in steps, using "save as" to rename the save, and quitting to desktop, deleting the cache files, and reloading to test after each one.  That way, if you add something to your save and it stops working again, you can easily revert to the next newest save without losing much progress.  This is how I'd approach things:

• Either download new copies of your currently installed mods, so you know they're up to date, or check the version numbers against the ones posted on the NRaas site
  • Add ErrorTrap and Overwatch
  • Download fresh copies of SP Money and Relationship and add them
  • Download fresh copies of the other mods you removed and add them one at a time

It's important to play forward and save (using "save as") so that all traces of the mods you removed are gone by the time you add them back.  While none of these mods should cause the issues you've seen, it's always possible that something weird happens.  Now that you can in fact load your save under certain conditions, there's not much harm in experimenting as long as you don't save over the working copy.

Message 25 of 29 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thanks so much for all the help! I'm definitely gonna try these tips! Can't thank u enough!

Message 26 of 29 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzleaddict Lol im back! So I ended up deleting my original sims 3 folder and just starting a new game. I kept my mods and my car cc and everything was going great. Until my screen started glitching again. I've attached a video so that you can see what is going on.
Message 27 of 29 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

HERE are screenshots!

Message 28 of 29 (357 Views)

@classicacosta  This is kind of a difficult problem to address.  One possible cause of the graphics glitches in your screenshot is changing the graphics settings while you have a save loaded, or changing them at the Main Menu and then immediately loading a save, without quitting first.  So don't do that, or if you have, delete options.ini (again) and let the game create a new one.

It should also be mentioned that deleting the WorldCaches files in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 can have significant negative effects in the 32-bit version of Sims 3 for Mac; I don't know if those have carried over to the 64-bit version, but don't delete those files either.

It would be unusual for custom content to produce this issue, but you should still try playing without it, just as a test.  Use "save as" to rename your save, so your original remains intact with all its cc still present, then load the game without cc a couple of times to see whether it helps.

Another possible cause of the glitches is that your graphics chip or its driver doesn't seem to work well with Sims 3.  I'm not sure why, but you're one of a number of players with this particular class of processor and graphics chip with significant graphics issues.  If this is the underlying cause, there's not much you can do about it except hope Apple releases a more cooperative driver, which would be bundled with the OS.  (So keep your operating system up to date.)

It's also possible that there's a problem with your laptop's hardware.  I certainly can't diagnose it from here, and I don't even think it's particularly likely, but I want to mention it just so you're aware.  If you have the ability to take your laptop to an Apple Store to get it checked out, it may be worth doing so, if for no other reason than you'd be able to stop wasting your time troubleshooting what turned out to be a hardware issue.  If you can't get to a store right now though, don't worry about it too much.

Message 29 of 29 (336 Views)