Re: My sims 3 64 bit stuck on the loading screen

by classicacosta

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 3 64 bit stuck on the loading screen

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! So I'm having so many problems with my sims 3 64 bit that I have to make so many different question threads. The problem today is that now my sims 3 is stuck on the loading screen to get into sunset valley. I'm literally just trying to access the world, granted, it's a saved load of sunset valley, but there's not actual saved family in it if that makes sense. I made a saved game called Sunset Valley Updated, which just includes added buildings that sunset valley doesn't have. Do you have any idea how I can fix this? It's very frustrating dealing with this, I definitely thought sims 3 64 bit would be smoother!

Mac info:

MacBook pro 13 inch 2020, four thunderbolt 3 ports

processor 2Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Message 1 of 29 (1,676 Views)

Accepted Solution

@classicacosta  Okay, at this point you know one or more mods are the issue, and you just need to sort through them to find out which ones.  Since even a new save won't load with all your mods present, you have an easy test.  You can try your mods in batches, or if you have a lot of them, use the 50/50 method:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Be sure to delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user folder any time you add or remove a .package file.  Technically, scriptCache.package is the only one that matters for mods, but if your mods list also includes custom content, the other files matter too:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Once you've sorted through your Mods folder, you can try to load your existing save again.  Let me know how it goes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 20 of 29 (1,480 Views)

All Replies

@classicacosta  As a test, please try loading a new save in Sunset Valley and let me know whether it works.  Please also let me know whether you use mods or custom content.  It's fine if you do, but that means troubleshooting might be a bit more complicated.  For example, I'd like to know whether you've placed any cc items in the new version of SV.

Message 2 of 29 (1,651 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, so I eventually was able to get into the Sunset Valley Updated save that I made. But I still encountered some problems and that is that my screen started glitching, I've added photos! I do have custom content and mods in my game. I don't have any cc items in SV Updated like cc buildings and stuff like that. But I do have cc in my game in general but just cars from freshprincecreations all my mods are nrass mods. 

I'm honestly not sure what to do. But thank you so much puzzle addict! 

Message 3 of 29 (1,623 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@classicacosta I couldn't add all my screenshots from the game as it was too big, but like the screen is flashing and then I have to save and quit my game and restart the game. The screen usually starts glitching after like 10 minutes of gameplay if that. Sometimes I'm lucky and it'll take longer but.
Message 4 of 29 (1,622 Views)

@classicacosta  The graphics glitch in the screenshot you did attach is likely caused by custom content.  The issue could be a default skin or a clothing item; try taking your sim into CAS and changing only the clothing and hair (all items in the everyday outfit), or only the skin (both swatch and slider position).  In either case, use only EA-made items.  You can "save as" and rename the save for your tests: the original will remain intact under its current name, and you can experiment on the new copy.

If this sim doesn't have any custom content, not even a default replacement skin you're using, it's also theoretically possible that the game engine isn't rendering the skin color correctly.  In other situations, the screen can flash red for no apparent reason, or certain houses can appear solid red, although all the reports I've seen are for buildings and not sims.

Since you're getting flashing too, please describe it in more detail, or take a video if you can.  Here's how to do it with built-in tools:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208721

Please also attach your deviceconfig.log to a post; it's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  (You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.)  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

Message 5 of 29 (1,614 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, so now I can't even get into my saved game I have. It's just a black screen when I enter the loading screen of the saved game. 

Message 6 of 29 (1,595 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Update: I was able to get into another saved game of mine that I have had problems with. With the current saved game I'm trying to enter I'm still stuck on the loading screen, it's not turning completely back anymore but it's still stuck on the loading screen.

Message 7 of 29 (1,581 Views)

@classicacosta  Is this with mods and custom content removed, or still present?  You can also try loading the game's automatic backup save, which you'll see in ... The Sims 3 > Saves.  The folder with your save name plus a .backup extension is the backup; rename it and delete the .backup part (e.g. MySaveName1.sims3), and it will be available to load from the Main Menu.

Message 8 of 29 (1,575 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I still have mods and custom content in my game, I'll try the backup save method and get back to you! Thank you so much!

Message 9 of 29 (1,569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hey so this still didn't work, it still got stuck on the loading screen! Any other suggestions??
Message 10 of 29 (1,511 Views)