Re: My saved files are gone

by groenroos

Original Post

My saved files are gone

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work,Discover University, Island Living, Get famous, Eco Lifestyle, CAts and Dogs, City Living, PArenthood, VAmpires,Dine out, Outdoor retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Well i enter the game, and it is as if i never played. I need to create a person from scratch and start to play. I hit save it but if i enter the game again it is gone and i need to create it again.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just need to create everything again. IF i build something its gone for the next time.
What do you expect to see? I expect to enter the game and play with what i already have and not creating everything again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims4 is not saving my games. So everytime I enter the game i need to create a new family from scratch. It is very annoying because. What can i do? 

Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@serolod05 wrote:

My Sims4 is not saving my games. So everytime I enter the game i need to create a new family from scratch. It is very annoying because. What can i do? 

Have you tried the Repair option in Origin? Or perhaps uninstalling and re-installing the game?

You could also have a peek inside Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/ to check if there are any savefiles there - then you'd see whether the problem is with saving the game, or with loading the saved game.

Message 2 of 3 (250 Views)

@serolod05 

Check your iCloud Drive settings - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If your internal storage is getting full it may be pushing all new content in your Documents folder to iCloud.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (246 Views)