My game won't launch

by KengLikeDisney

Original Post

My game won't launch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost every ep (except Island Living & Discover University) Parenthood Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had tried to fix the game by using these 5 methods 1. Reinstall Origin 2. Repair The Sims4 3. Reinstall The Sims4 4. Remove CC and mods 5. Remove The Sims4 file All of them didn't worked at all. The game turns black and freezed my mac.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game screen turns black and freezes the desktop when loading. Please help me, I have no idea what to do now. Maybe the latest update ruined my game.
What do you expect to see? The game launches normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost every ep (except Island Living & Discover University) Parenthood Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had tried to fix the game by using these 5 methods 1. Reinstall Origin 2. Repair The Sims4 3. Reinstall The Sims4 4. Remove CC and mods 5. Remove The Sims4 file All of them didn't worked at all. The game turns black and freezed my mac.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game screen turns black and freezes the desktop when loading. Please help me, I have no idea what to do now. Maybe the latest update ruined my game.
What do you expect to see? The game launches normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Message 1 of 5 (446 Views)

Re: My game won't launch

★★ Guide
@KengLikeDisney Are you using a 2017 iMac or MacBook Pro? If you go to Apple Menu and select About this Mac does it indicate you're using a Radeon 550, 560 or 565? Are you using macOS Sierra (10.12.6)? If the answers to these questions are all "yes" then the current best way for you to work around the problem is to upgrade to a newer macOS release, Many players are reporting good success with Mojave (10.14).
Message 2 of 5 (401 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @dzm06 for your solution. Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how can I get this to be fixed?? I have done everything I can to fix it & my Mac is also up to date with updates...I just wanna play my game while I'm stuck inside the houseRaised eyebrow

Message 4 of 5 (299 Views)

@XxGirlyNinjaXx

Which version of macOS are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (294 Views)