Re: My game keeps crashing and freezing

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

My game keeps crashing and freezing

★★★ Newbie

I play The Sims 4 on a very old iMac therefore it is getting very old now and starts to very occasionally crash. So I always play the game and it does crash but all I do is shut it down and switch it off and then I turn it back on, put in the password and and its fine again I can play until it crashes again which isnt until a long time but the issue here is, I am currently sitting at my laptop because the game on the iMac is frozen and it wont do anything. I have tried pressing command-option-escape and that wont work. I have tried shutting it down and turning it on again but when I turn it on again after hours, it wont work. I don't know if I am having this issue because I have an old mac or because of the game. 

Someone please help because I have no idea what to do.

Many thanks....

Message 1 of 6 (222 Views)

@Minnie_Sunnie

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Are you saying that your iMac won't work or your game doesn't work? 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the:

OS X El Capitan

iMac - (24 inch early 2009)

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDA GeForce GT 120 256 MB

Message 3 of 6 (201 Views)

@Minnie_Sunnie

Processor? Full instructions are in the link I gave you on what info is needed, including what packs you have installed. Also, as per my previous question, is the game not working properly or your iMac?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (196 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is not working properly.

Message 5 of 6 (186 Views)

@Minnie_Sunnie

I asked you for more information in my previous post. It's difficult to help people if they don't provide the relevant information. Just posting in large font that your game doesn't work will not help anyone and only get you more frustrated because no one is able to help you.

There are a lot of help threads on this forum too, in the stickied threads at the top of this Sims Mac forum. Perhaps you should work your way through the suggestions for getting your game to work? Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (180 Views)