Re: My game is glitching

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

My game is glitching

★★★★ Novice

So lately I've had a problem with my game where there are a lot of things messed up. I spend a while in build mode then I return to live mode and I can no longer select certain sims, click on the bar at the bottom right, my career performance and level etc... is not showing up in the career tab. I can only press the three little dots to get to the menu while in build mode and if I exit to the map view the loading screen pops up, never leaves and I need to force quit my game. I'm running it on a Mac, and I downloaded it off Origin. I do have custom content but there is not much and it is all from reliable sources and has not messed with my game ever in the past and I have kept all of it updated. I have deleted the first save file that this was happening to, however it has started again on another save file. My game is updated and I own all expansion packs to date. It's really annoying because I can't play without that stuff and sometimes I can't even go back in build mode. All my settings are on low too if that helps. Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (808 Views)

@XaniMac  I've moved your post to the Mac tech section.  It would help if you could provide your computer's specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (802 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536

Message 3 of 4 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]

@XaniMac

Please move out your whole Mods folder to the desktop then load up your game - does this still happen?

Could you also provide all the info asked for in the link @puzzlezaddict provided.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (778 Views)