Re: My game is all of a sudden like it is brand new

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game is all of a sudden like it is brand new

★ Novice

I went to play my Sims 4 game when EA updated something. I clicked on my game to play, and when it loaded, every pack that I had bought popped up with tutorials as if my games brand new. I went to my gallery to find that all of my personal things that I had created or saved were all gone.

My game is just like I had bought it and all of my stuff is gone.

What do I do?

Message 1 of 5 (616 Views)

Accepted Solution

@popglam  Do you have iCloud enabled?  Your existing TS4 game folder—the one that's in Documents\EA—could have been moved to cloud storage, along with the rest of the contents of your Documents folder.  When the game can't find its folder, it spawns a new one with none of your content (or the knowledge that tutorials are no longer necessary).  You can open iCloud Drive in a finder window, and then look for your game folder there.  If you find it, you can put it back where your new game folder is now; just be sure to delete the new one first.  Then disable iCloud or change its settings so that it no longer uploads your files automatically.

Here's a visual of the settings, if you're not familiar:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (653 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Do you play on a Mac?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (594 Views)

★ Novice

Sure do.

Message 3 of 5 (581 Views)

@popglam  Do you have iCloud enabled?  Your existing TS4 game folder—the one that's in Documents\EA—could have been moved to cloud storage, along with the rest of the contents of your Documents folder.  When the game can't find its folder, it spawns a new one with none of your content (or the knowledge that tutorials are no longer necessary).  You can open iCloud Drive in a finder window, and then look for your game folder there.  If you find it, you can put it back where your new game folder is now; just be sure to delete the new one first.  Then disable iCloud or change its settings so that it no longer uploads your files automatically.

Here's a visual of the settings, if you're not familiar:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (654 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for the help!

I must have not setup my ICloud properly, so everything is still gone and my game will be brand new.

But hey, if that's how it is going to be, it just means I can experience everything over again.

But thanks again! I appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5 (550 Views)