My cc isn’t showing up

by xPyal

Original Post

My cc isn’t showing up

★★ Novice

Okay so here’s what’s happening I downloaded a bunch of cc and only 1 showed up for some reason the rest aren’t working help?

(I’m on a Mac)

Message 1 of 7 (1,592 Views)

Re: My cc isn’t showing up

Champion (Retired)

In all likelihood you downloaded the rest in zip or RAR format and haven't unpacked them. In the Sims MAC forum they can tell you what tools you can use to unpack compressed files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (1,582 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey only one of them is zip the rear are packages they don’t work either tho 🤷‍♀️
Message 3 of 7 (1,572 Views)

@xPyal  Try testing out a few files separately.  Do they work when they're each the only package in your game folder?  If so, then you probably have conflicts somewhere among the files.  This can happen if you've downloaded multiple "default replacement" files in the same category—only one can be the default, so the others don't show.  (Non-default replacements should work fine together.)  But you might have to test your files in groups to see which combinations work best.

You should also unzip the remaining file before putting it into your Packages folder.

And make sure that every time you move a .package file in or out of your game folder, you clear the five cache files before launching the game again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (1,563 Views)

★★ Novice

It still doesn’t work but thanks for trying 

Message 5 of 7 (1,545 Views)

@xPyal  Just to make sure, why don't you pull your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Place one cc file into the new folder and load the game.  If the cc shows up, you'll know that cc in general is working for you, and you can put that one file aside and test more items.

(Also, make sure that script mods are enabled in Game Options.)

Since even one incompatible cc file can prevent some or all the others from loading, you might need to test your cc in batches to make sure everything's working.  Unfortunately, here's no real way to tell whether the cc will work other than just testing it in-game.  But once you've confirmed that all of your cc works in smaller batches, you can try putting all of it into your clean game folder.  If it still loads properly, you can move your saves and other content (in your tray) into the new folder from the old one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (1,534 Views)

Champion

@xPyal, make sure that all your CC ends in the ".package" format. If you see anything other than that, the CC may still need to be unzipped. I would do as Puzzleadditct suggests and move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and add a few pieces of CC at a time. Please also note that adding a lot of CC can slow down your game and cause lag.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (1,526 Views)