My cc doesn't work (Macbook) And I've tried anything I could think of, help?

by Nyvaline

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My cc doesn't work (Macbook) And I've tried anything I could think of, help?

★★ Novice

Hi,

I used to play The Sims 4 on a Windows 8 laptop for about a few years (around 4), and when I'd download cc and place it in the right folders, it would always show up in the game and work perfectly fine. I have a refurbished MacBook Pro 2011 now, which works perfectly fine too. When I want to download cc, and also place it in the right folder, it never shows up in the game. I've looked at all the files and I don't see any subfolders or anything and just in case I re-downloaded everything and placed them in the right folders again. I turned 'laptop mode' off plus I've turned 'script mods' and 'include custom content' on. Yet, it still doesn't work. This also goes for my tray folder. I converted all of the items from my old tray (windows 8 laptop) to my new tray folder on my macbook. All of the households I've made over the years don't show up in my gallery either after I also there turned on the 'include custom content' switch.

In other words, everything I've downloaded or converted and placed in the right folders don't show up in my game, no matter what I tried that I could possibly think of. Could someone help me out please? It's really frustrating.

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 7 (1,222 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My cc doesn't work (Macbook) And I've tried anything I could think of, help?

@Nyvaline

You need to take it out of the archived iCloud Drive folder and put it directly into the Documents folder so the file path should be:

Users > Your User Account > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,171 Views)

All Replies

Re: My cc doesn't work (Macbook) And I've tried anything I could think of, help?

Champion

@Nyvaline , the game may not be recognizing your converted folders as you've simply copied them. Try this. Move your Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it. Next start up your game remembering that your saved games, CC and Mods are on your Desktop and will not be present in your game at this time. This allows for a new folder to generate. After you are sure your game starts up correctly at this time, quit and close out Origin as well. 

You should now be free to copy over the contents of your Mods, Tray, and saves folders. Do not simply copy and paste the folders themselves as the game may not recognize them at this time and moving the contents from the old folders to the new ones should allow for the game to recognize your CC. 

If this does not work. take a screen shot of the path for your Mods folder. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Nyvaline

Do you have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud instead of locally on your Mac?

Could you please click once on the Sims 4 folder to select it then go to File > Get info in the menu bar to bring up the info window. Now look under the General > Where section and please copy and paste the file path here Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 7 (1,205 Views)

★★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 @Bluebellflora Ahh, thank you both. Sorry for replying this late, I was really busy with school. I am going to try both options that you've given me, and then I can say how it went.

Message 4 of 7 (1,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Well basically it's Users -> (my account name) -> iCloud Drive (archive) -> Documents -> Electronic Arts. And I don't know why but for some reason @Tremayne4260  my laptop is still not doing what I want, I tried every step but perhaps I misunderstood something since my native language is not English. I'll send a screenshot what my folder looks like. I placed one mod in the 'Mods' folder but when I restart the game the screen from 'show included custom content' or something like that still doesn't pop up. 

If there is no other option, I could also re-download the game, perhaps that'll work. I wouldn't want to bother ya'll 😅

Message 5 of 7 (1,175 Views)

@Nyvaline

You need to take it out of the archived iCloud Drive folder and put it directly into the Documents folder so the file path should be:

Users > Your User Account > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,172 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Thank you, It seems to work now! (:

Message 7 of 7 (1,151 Views)