My build mode is not working?

by DragonRiderElisa

Original Post

Re: Build Mode Lagging

@DragonRiderElisa

Frown

How about saving the lot to your library, bulldozing it, then place it again. Go to the map screen between bulldozing it and replacing.

Is this happening in any other lots?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 31 of 80 (463 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven't tried any other lots but I'll check. I'll replace the lot and see if it works

Message 32 of 80 (461 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still lagging for floors. I tried another lot and it was kinda lagging too when I did floors

Message 33 of 80 (458 Views)

@DragonRiderElisa  Hi, I just wanted to let you know that Bluebellflora is asleep for the night (with the time difference and all), but she let me know that she'll be back to try to help you tomorrow.  In the meantime, the one thing she hasn't had you try yet is a playing in a new user account.  It would probably be best for that account to be an administrator, so you can make changes if necessary.  Here's how to do so, if you're not familiar:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25796?locale=en_GB

Sometimes this helps when nothing else does.  But if your game issues persist, Bluebellflora will have more for you tomorrow.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 80 (433 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello, thank you for letting me know and for the link. I've made one as instructed just not sure what to do next. I appreciate all the help!

Message 35 of 80 (428 Views)

@DragonRiderElisa  You can try loading and playing while logged into the new user account.  Try a brand new game first, with no mods or cc, and play around in build mode to see whether issue is still present, then let us know how it goes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 36 of 80 (414 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict @Bluebellflora

I've tried playing a new game and the same thing is happening still. It seems the bigger the house the worse the lag gets on any floor now

Message 37 of 80 (393 Views)

@DragonRiderElisa

I noticed that your save file is quite big so maybe your Mac is now struggling because of all the lots and households. Are you also making sure your Mac is elevated so air can circulate underneath? The OS will be throttling power so it doesn't overheat, this will cause the lag.

It's really hot here in the UK at the moment and I've noticed the fans in my Mac are ramping up far more than usual. Do you have a fan you can direct towards your Mac to help keep it cool? Just raising it an inch or so will also help - sit it on the edge of a couple of DVD cases.

You're also running an older version of macOS - Yosemite. Updating will definitely help as you will have newer graphics drivers and a more optimised system.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 38 of 80 (384 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I checked for updates to see if that was the case but it says it's up to date. My Mac is fine with space wise and it's been working find until now, and it's always when I go to do floors for my game so it can't be my Mac though. Im not sure what else to do and the last thing I want is to uninstall and reinstall if it doesn't fix it Frown

Message 39 of 80 (377 Views)

@DragonRiderElisa

The only updates you would get now would be security ones from Apple. I'm referring to the actual operating system, 10.10 Yosemite. It was released in October 2014 and Apple release new versions of macOS every year. We are currently on 10.13 High Sierra with 10.14 Mojave due to be released sometime in the Autumn. You can update via the Mac App Store.

Uninstalling and reinstalling is a pain but it may help a bit. Ultimately though you have a large save file and an outdated operating system which is contributing to the slow down of the game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 40 of 80 (372 Views)